Advice: big session vs crown only

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I HATE bald crowns and I definitely want to do something about it. I'd rather have receding hairline than a bald ugly crown. I would like to fix it once and for all.

At the same time I obviously have a lot of thinning on the top and temples. I am currently on minoxidil and anti-androgen and have stabilized.

My donor area has nice thick (slightly wavy hairs) but my density is medium to low. I think one Doctor told me I could easily extract 4K-5K.. not sure if he studied it well.

My question is that I definitely want to cover the crown, but wondering whether I should go for the top too. I wonder whether shock loss on the top (since I have hair coverage) might happen in such cases. I of course prefer, if possible and if I have enough donor hair, to cover as much as possible and forgot about my hair for 5-10 years time..

The reason why I would like to do it once an for all, include the convinience of not having to worry about this often, the ability to fly and consult once, and most importantly for me is that I never want to shave my head as I will look ridiculous....so I am not ready to doing this more than once as a rare exception..

I have an infinite supply of body hair, but that I asked that on the earlier thread and it seems to me BHT is not decent, and I think beard hair looks quite ridiculous. sorry.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. many thanks...

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_6915.JPG
    IMG_6915.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 214
  • crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 212

Petchsky

Reaction score
You're hair looks good, but you can see crown thinning, and receeding.

Best thing you can do is just research and take your time over the decision.

It is possible to get a 5/6k mega session with someone like Hasson and Wong etc....you will need to choose a Dr with a big and experienced team if you have a mega session.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Why thank you, been popping in every then and again, still no closer to finding a cure for male pattern baldness though !!! sort it out Admin :)