Advice For Norwood 2/norwood 3 Hair Transplant

David Galvez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My first time posting.

So i've currently got Norwood 2 i'd say but on my way to Norwood 3. Reseeding at temples and i'm pretty sure my hair is thinner on top than it is on the sides. I have been for a consultation and was told i had a decent donor area. My hair isn't actually too bad at the moment especially when I use hair fibres with a complimentary short haircut and some thoughtful styling, however anymore loss would start to become a problem. I first started losing my hair at only about 16 and have now just turned 25. I actually expected to be in a worse position by this age so i wouldn't say i'm losing it at any rapid pace and I never seem to notice any obvious amount of hairs in the bath or anything. I used to notice this in the past though. I was using Rogaine for about 8/9 months but didn't notice anything so stopped using it. I think in the consultation i had they said i wasn't actually losing hair on my crown but the actuaI hairs are getting thinner. I want to get a hair transplant which i think will literally take me back to a pretty good looking head of hair, and i'm happy to accept I might need more transplants in the future, although i'm not sure i'll really care about it 10 years down the line, just not ready to have significant hairless yet. The consultation i had was at the private clinic in London. I'm a fan of thick hair so the more grafts for me would be the better. I'm also in a position where I'd be quite happy to spend a bit more for better results but obviously would only want to spend more on something if the difference in results was significant. I'm situated in Surrey about a 30 minute train journey from central London. Would be happy to travel anywhere in the uk or perhaps even outside of it. Was quite keen to get this transplant done as soon as possible as would like to have the results for next summer. Any comments/advice would be good. Im essentially just after some of the best hair transplant options in the UK and if I can get away with not spending a bomb that would also be great. Thanks everyone. Dave

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
To maximize transplant potential for a lower Norwood you ideally want to be on finasteride to protect native hair

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
David,
I'd try medical treatment (big 3) first to see where it gets u. Ideally, you want to try meds for 2 years.

As someone who started losing hair at 16, my goal was to make it thru college without being bald. Then it was make it to 30 without being bald. Now at 32, I care more than ever. Especially since my loss is pretty noticeable now. My point is, chances are if you care about your hair during any point in ur life then you will care well into old age.