Advice needed please

ledger88

Reaction score
Good afternoon, Ladies and gentleman,

I need some advice. About A month ago, A friend made a small joke about my hair starting to thin. At first I took no notice, But after a few looks in the mirror, I started to think she may well have a Point.
I have started to grow my hair slightly longer then usual, about 2 inches longer, through my hair I can see patches of my scalp. when my hair is wet its really bad.

Heres the problem, If its starting to go, then I can either shave it off or start the treatment. But I need to convince myself that I have a problem.
Because I am looking at childhood pictures and I can also see my scalp.

I will try and put up a couple of pics from my childhood and some pictures of my hair now.

Thank you for any advice.

Ps the 3rd and 4th I have had to brush my hair to see the scalp

Adam.

hair 1.jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto (1).jpgphoto.jpgphoto (3).jpg

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi it looks like you are a diffuse thinner. here are some options for you:)

mixnoidil (topical. apply twice a daily. you can get it on ebay (kirkland brand or Rogaine/Regaine)

or/and

propecia (DHT blocker. 1mg daily recommended. You need a prescription from your doctor)

or/and

nizoral shampoo (for dandruff, itchy scalp or inflammation. two to three times a week. you can get it from you local pharmacy)

you can start all three (its called the Big 3) at once or start one by one to see which one wokrs for you the best.

Good luck!!

TheShedder

Reaction score
Alright, when you're hair is wet is not always the best indicator but it does look like you have some diffuse thinning as talmoode has already stated... Also in the 4th pic you posted, where you can see your scalp looks a little red or inflamed... My hair has thinned some but I also suffer from massive shedding from Telogen Effluvium and have noticed that my scalped would get red and kinda inflamed before and during a shed. Might be something to keep an eye on... Your hairline still looks great in the first pic.

ledger88

Reaction score
Guys thank you for he replys,

In the next few days I will buy the Big 3 and get started on the treatment. (A visit to my doctor for the propecia)

Would I have to do this treatment for the rest of my life, As I know, As soon as I stop using regaine, the hair that I grew would disappear again?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys thank you for he replys,

In the next few days I will buy the Big 3 and get started on the treatment. (A visit to my doctor for the propecia)

Would I have to do this treatment for the rest of my life, As I know, As soon as I stop using regaine, the hair that I grew would disappear again?

unfortunately, yes..its a life long commitment..
also any hair grown from Rogaine will be gone when you stop the treatment. Good luck!!!!