Advice On Wether Or Not I Should Buy A Derma Pen

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey All,

So Ive been derma rolling since last April, so almost 9 months, with not too much I can show, but I'm not sure... Somewhere in the middle I got crazy into massage as it felt amazing and I was seeing my scalp change, flaking and getting looser. But basically it was really hard on my hair, it was so brittle and weak. Much is returning, on the crown, albeit growing slooowly. The hairline I dont know. Took a hit pretty bad. Either I had lots of resting hairs that were standing dead or something but its considerably worse off. My scalp was/is not nearly as thick there as on the crown. Hairline scalp much thinner, crown thicker. Diffuse thinner, been losing hair for 25 years at a glacial but steady pace, now its really showing (especially since I did away with so much cosmetically significant but otherwise pretty weak worthless hairs).

Seeing how I didn't get amazing results from rolling (usually every 7-10 days, at first with .5, then upped to 1.5) I wonder if a pen is going to do anything. The rollers Ive bought (haven't stuck with any one brand) seem to be different with respect to sharpness and the reaction it gives my scalp. I also tend to wrap it up pretty fast, like 5 minutes, but I feel like Im fairly thorough, and my eyes are watering. Maybe a pen and/or more thorough longer sessions would give better results? I know some report better results with a pen.

thanks for any thoughts.