After two years taking Dutasteride(0,5 mg per day), my DHT level is 650 pg/ml

devaneios

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it possible? Until four months ago, I was taking oral minoxidil with duta and my results were great. After I stopped the former, I started shedding and the hair that was left thinned a lot. At first, I thought it was telogen effluvium, since I quit minoxidil; but now I'm not sure if duta was affecting my DHT during all that time.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We need to try something else…
I have bottles of Duasteride.. Like minoxidil it doesn’t work..
But I use it anyway…
I’m trying other approaches because I think the DHT model is flawed & incomplete

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Similar here. I take 2.5mg dutasteride ED +1.25mg finasteride ED + 7.5mg OM for years and I still have a DHT of 0.8, with the normal range being 0.2 - 1. How is that possible? i can't explain it, unless there is some secondary mechanism by which the body creates DHT.
Also, I still lose a lot of hair and regrowth has been minimal, whereas you would expect the greatest hairloss comeback ever on such a regimen.

devaneios

My Regimen
Reaction score
Similar here. I take 2.5mg dutasteride ED +1.25mg finasteride ED + 7.5mg OM for years and I still have a DHT of 0.8, with the normal range being 0.2 - 1. How is that possible? i can't explain it, unless there is some secondary mechanism by which the body creates DHT.
Also, I still lose a lot of hair and regrowth has been minimal, whereas you would expect the greatest hairloss comeback ever on such a regimen.
Has you skin been affected by OM?

I had great results while taking it(now, I can be sure that my results were due to minoxidil), but it made me look 10 years older.