Agahi's Story (new images)

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed my hair loss beginning when I was around 19(temple recession). When I look at old pictures I can see that it probably started when I was 17. My dad, and all my uncles on both sides of my family are about as bald as you can be, so when I noticed it worried me quite a bit. I began using rogaine foam 5% min when I could afford it, which happened to be when I was about 20.

For quite a while after that I noticed tiny little white hairs on my hairline and I felt like the loss had stopped, and regrowth began. It has been 4 years now, and my bald family members where as bald as they are now by that point they tell me.

I seem to be at about the same place I was then, but recently I have noticed an inner thinning(not a receding as I was experiencing before now). This has scarred me a bit since I have a hard time applying the rogaine to the inner hairs because I have very long hair, and my hair gets very greasy when I apply it well in this area(if anyone has some tips Id appreciate it.)

After quite a bit of research I am going to start taking proscar, cut down into 4 pieces very soon, and nivea shampoo 1% every 3 days. I know that side effects are possible, but I need to do what I can to help the situation since I've been fighting this for so long, I'd hate to loose now :)

I may post some pictures of me now for reference soon also. I don't have any exhibiting my loss from 4 years ago for an example but ill post the best pic I have of my hair in a while.

Anyway, a belated thank you for all the information I have found here and the helpful atmosphere.

Here is an old picture from right as I think I started receding a bit. I started using rogaine about 2/3 years after this point as I didn't realize at the time
hairold.png

and here is a picture of me last year. It has been about at this level for 4 years or so, though has recently gotten slightly worse.
hairlastyear.png

when I get a good picture of my current hairline ill post it on here. It will be better than those two since I will be trying to show the recession level instead of hiding it :)

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Agahi's Story

Ok, I started Fincar about 2 months ago, and quit the Beta sitosterol and saw palmetto regimen. The reason is, I think it made my head itch worse, and seemed to not be helping(in fact the inner thinning started about a week after I began the herbal stuff. I wont blame them, but take it for what you will)

I started applying rogaine foam 5% only in the morning, and using the liquid in a dropper before I sleep.

I have noticed that the liquid seems to have more of an effect than the foam, but I cant apply it in the morning without looking greasy and I work wearing a hat, and it seems to absorb quite a bit of the liquid because it takes so long to dry.

As far as results go, the inner thinning is still there but imo it is lessening. All of my "little white hairs" above my temple are gone and replaced with black hairs steadily gaining length. I am very happy with the Fincar so far, and I'd recommend it to anyone unless they get side effects (I am only a bit more...horny than before side effect wise it seems so I feel very lucky)

Id post new Pics but it is pretty much the same on camera, which is good because I was loosing inner hairs quickly, which has stopped, and I think reversed. I will update in a month or two. If it is better or worse I'll post pics.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Agahi's Story

(Nov 9 2011) in a month or so long, pretty bad, shed. My confidence is taking a nose dive, but I saw some new hairs past the hairline today, "fingers crossed"

Nov 28, 2011. I think the shed is done for real now. Gaining back a lot of density now. Hair looks decent even right out of the shower, and I can style my hair to look like a non thinning NW2 instead of nw3 non vertex(even to my own extra close inspection). I'd be fine if my hair stays like this(though it needs some length to catch up to the rest of my hair, thinking about a cut down to 2-4 inches)

dec 21, 2011. I have terminal hairs back to the point of when I started to get frustrated with my hairloss. Density is slightly better. If it fills in a bit my regimen will be a complete success in my own eyes (half success as of now haha). For the moment Toppik keeps me from seeing scalp though it comes with its own difficulties. Ill try to get a fully styled pic up for comparison to my styled low point pics in my story thread.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for some more pictures that show off how bad it looked before. The before pic in post one is with the hair styled specifically to hide the one side of my hair (side part) the new pics show me with my preferred middle part. Just the fact that I can style middle part and hide the same amount on my bad side is enough for me to know I have done a bit of good. I'll have to scan some pics to show more(will be a while) since I didn't have my camera phone until recently.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the hairline looks a bit lower than the before picture? Anyway, it looks like your maintaining good. Succes with riding out the sheddings, it can be hard, but keep up with the treatment.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah crap pic I know. Thanks for the encouragement :D i'm still looking for a well priced scanner for more pics.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick Update-- dec 31, 2011. I have been using liquid minoxidil(walmart generic brand) both day and night for a few days now. I get past the oiliness by showering 1/ day now instead of 1/ 2days and by towel drying my hair of the minoxidil after about an hour (technique used by some forum goers). Saves some money, and likely gets more minoxidil effect in my hair. Time will tell.

PS if anyone has a good keto shampoo recommendation I'm all ears. :)

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Agahi said:
Quick Update-- dec 31, 2011. I have been using liquid minoxidil(walmart generic brand) both day and night for a few days now. I get past the oiliness by showering 1/ day now instead of 1/ 2days and by towel drying my hair of the minoxidil after about an hour (technique used by some forum goers). Saves some money, and likely gets more minoxidil effect in my hair. Time will tell.

PS if anyone has a good keto shampoo recommendation I'm all ears. :)

i use revita and regenepure.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I like to think it is also. Very slow going for sure, but I'm sticking to it.

I have a ridiculous amount of hair that is strong and black(down to a NW1 pattern), but not quite the thickness of my thickest hairs. These hairs simply refuse to grow more than like an inch. If not for my lack of density I would likely shave the hair down to stubble so the short hairs look like the rest.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
So its been a bit. I figured I would not come to the forums for a while and see what kind of progress I've made.

I am still taking 1.25mg finasteride a day, and applying generic walmart brand liquid minoxidil 5% 2x a day. I am also taking two of the walmart brand multivitamin hair skin and nail stuff a day. Has biotin and ect in it, not sure if it is helping or not, though my nails and hair break a lot less it seems, so thats nice.

Hair wise Im still in the same spot I was in my lat update. I have short hairs all the way back to NW0, but they wont get longer, frustrating but impressive when I think about being on the verge of NW3. I can take a bit of time messing with my hair and I forget I ever had a problem. Though I still constantly wear a hat because the minoxidil makes my hair greasy.

So there you go. Next update in a few months.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Agahi said:
So its been a bit. I figured I would not come to the forums for a while and see what kind of progress I've made.

I am still taking 1.25mg finasteride a day, and applying generic walmart brand liquid minoxidil 5% 2x a day. I am also taking two of the walmart brand multivitamin hair skin and nail stuff a day. Has biotin and ect in it, not sure if it is helping or not, though my nails and hair break a lot less it seems, so thats nice.

Hair wise Im still in the same spot I was in my lat update. I have short hairs all the way back to NW0, but they wont get longer, frustrating but impressive when I think about being on the verge of NW3. I can take a bit of time messing with my hair and I forget I ever had a problem. Though I still constantly wear a hat because the minoxidil makes my hair greasy.

So there you go. Next update in a few months.
thats very good news that u see little hairs a long your hairline! your hair follicle is not dead! proper treatment hairlkine restored

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Just an update for myself really. As of Tuesday june 5th I'm gonna start a new experiment. From the topic on 20 mg dosage/day of Cetirizine orally. We will see how that goes.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Update on Cetirizine use.

I may be crazy but Im definitely gaining density, just in the short time I've been on. Ill reserve final judgement on this issue, but It's looking like a success.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
One of those topics about pge something or other mentioned it, and I chose it as my new experiment. I only take 10mg a night before I sleep. Some people said 20mg was what they took. Do a forum search for ceterizine, and you should find the other posts, I cant remember exactly.