Agustin's Hair Loss Story

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Agustin. This is my first thread and I will be talking about my hair loss.

It all started back in July of 2009, I was only 16 years old, turning 17 in a couple months. I had incredibly thick and healthy curly/wavy hair and all what I would use was a simple $2 kid's shampoo that was watermelon scented. And then literally, out of absolutely nowhere, my hair started to fall out. I also went from a Norwood 1 hairline to a Norwood 2 hairline within a month. My hair was just falling out so much. I told my mother and father that I was losing a lot of hair and they did then comment that my hair was looking thin and hair loss was apparent. I went to three different doctors with my father. They all asked if my mother's father is bald, and we told them yes because he is, a Norwood 6. I got a lot of blood tests done as well and everything came out perfect, that there were no problems and that I was just losing my hair. Male Pattern Baldness was never officially confirmed, though I knew that it was because I was losing hair only on the top of my head. And I thought to myself. "Oh no, this can't be! Well, men losing their hair is a very common thing so it doesn't surprise me that I got the genetics. And I would understand if I was old, but I'm only 16 years of age! I'm still young! Why have I got to be losing my hair now?"

(5 years, 4 months later…)

Well, through out those 5 years and 4 months, I've been through a ton of things with my hair loss, just too many stories to tell on this post. I will mention though that I did get a professional diagnosis of Male Pattern Baldness by a dermatologist in 2012. Anyhow, where I'm at right now, is that I'm using 'Rogaine Foam' twice daily, 'Regenepure Dr' once daily, and the 'HairMax Laser Comb Professional 12' once daily. Out of everything else that I tried since July 2009, those have been the only three things that have done anything to actually help my hair loss.

And that's my hair loss story. I still have a full head of hair, but it's not super dense and healthy like it was over 5 years ago.

Thank you for reading.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mind to share some before and after pictures?

Sorry, I don't have any before and after pictures to share. I will tell though that even those three treatments have helped me tremendously, I'm still losing a little bit of hair. :sad: However, I've been planning to get on a 5-AR inhibitor. From there if I'm ever able to get on Dutasteride or Finasteride, I will start posting before and after pictures once I get started. I'll just keep things updated.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Agustin can you update maybe?

Hi mompo. :)

Next month (September 2015) I'll be making a thread in the 'Success Stories' section since I have been doing well with my current regimen. I'll be posting pictures from March 2015 and then the latest ones I'll be taking in September. Stay tuned!

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't wait bro. I know how hard it has been for you, how you have remained compliant with a hard regimen, dedication right there not to give up. You deserve the fruits of your labour :)

Last edited:

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't wait bro. I know how hard it has been for you, how you have remained compliant with a hard regimen, dedication right there not to give up. You deserve the fruits of your labour :)

Thank you Wolf Pack. :)

Yes, the battle against my Male Pattern Baldness has been quite an aggressive one, though the enemy seems to be retreating with the 'big guns' which I took it out on. Hopefully the medical condition will stay delayed for many years to come and that things will only continue to get better.

Last edited: