Ahmad's Story - (17 /Norwood 2.5)

ahmad701

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'll become a 18 years old man in three months, and I'm suffering from hair loss since a couple of years and now I'm NW2.5 .
My dermatologist prescribed me 1mg of finasteride, I did not buy Propecia because it's expensive, so I bought Proscar and cut it with a pill splitter.
My question is: what is the suitable finasteride dosage for my age to prevent the side effects , and is it better to take it ED or EOD?
Please note that I did cut the first pill into 4 pieces and the second pill into 6 taking one piece daily and i noticed some sexual side effects during these ten days. Also note that i'm using rogain foam 5% from 3 months and i got some positive results.

Vinyard

Reaction score
I'm turning 18 years in two weeks and I'm in the exact same position as you. I'm somewhere between a Norwood 2 and Norwood 2.5, I'm pretty sure it's 2.5. I wouldn't mind being a Norwood 2 at the age of 40, but 18... I'm depressed.
Soon I will start using Proscar and Ketokonazol and since I haven't started with any treatment I'm definitely not the right person to answer your questions but maybe you could experiment a little? Start with 0.5mg and up your dose each month. When I start my treatment I will begin with 1 mg Proscar every day. After 3 months, if I haven't noticed any difference, I will up the dose to 1.25 mg. I'm positive I will stop the hairloss and the excessive shedding. And if I'm lucky enough I can even see some regrowth. I'm not expecting a full head of hair but if I make it to NW1.5 - NW2 I'd be extremely happy. Considering our age (18) we will probably see some great results.

Sorry if I didn't answer your questions but just wanted to let you know that I'm in the exact same position as you. Good luck with your treatment! By the way... how did you get a doctor? I have no idea how to get a hold of one.

ahmad701

Reaction score
Vinyard said:
I'm turning 18 years in two weeks and I'm in the exact same position as you. I'm somewhere between a Norwood 2 and Norwood 2.5, I'm pretty sure it's 2.5. I wouldn't mind being a Norwood 2 at the age of 40, but 18... I'm depressed.
Soon I will start using Proscar and Ketokonazol and since I haven't started with any treatment I'm definitely not the right person to answer your questions but maybe you could experiment a little? Start with 0.5mg and up your dose each month. When I start my treatment I will begin with 1 mg Proscar every day. After 3 months, if I haven't noticed any difference, I will up the dose to 1.25 mg. I'm positive I will stop the hairloss and the excessive shedding. And if I'm lucky enough I can even see some regrowth. I'm not expecting a full head of hair but if I make it to NW1.5 - NW2 I'd be extremely happy. Considering our age (18) we will probably see some great results.

Sorry if I didn't answer your questions but just wanted to let you know that I'm in the exact same position as you. Good luck with your treatment! By the way... how did you get a doctor? I have no idea how to get a hold of one.

thank you for your reply, it seems that our cases are the same, and like you, I'm not expecting a full head of hair, all what i am looking for is to keep the remaining hair. Regarding the doctor, my uncle is a surgeon, and he sent me to a dermatologist of his colleagues.

ahmad701

Reaction score
seaback said:
Hello. I would say, keep using Rogain foam. And take your Proscar quarter every day. Side effects are likely to wane off after a few weeks and if they do not, take it EOD. And you know, the more you think about side effects, the more you experience them :) I too have aggressive hair loss and I thought myself to be doomed to be a NW6 by 22, I am now 25 and maintaining a socially acceptable head of hair.

mpbsux20 said:
^^Couldn't have said it any better.

thank you very much for your replies, starting from today i will cut proscar pill into nearly equal ten pieces and for 1 month, then i will see if the side effects will wane off.