Airoe's Story - (My hair loss battle)

airoe

Reaction score
Hi , first of all, English is not my native language so excuse me for the mistakes to come.
I'm 23 , started to thin back then in the army, around 20 , but still have a nice amount of hair.

Since 1 year I started treatment after my hair dresser made me realize that I'm thinning back there. I hesitated a lot but in the end jumped on finasteride , about 1.25 mg EOD , since I guessed I will keep the efficiency but could also higher the dose once things get worse.

In the beginning everything was great , shedding had stopped I got some thickening in the vertex, but after about 6 month, exam period began and I started to shed some more so I upped my dose to 1.25 a day.
I had some minor sides in the beginning, a little libido decrease that increased short after, a little testicle pain that stopped after 2 weeks. Its amazing that when the libido came back to normal I felt finasteride was less effective.
Recently I added some nizoral 2%( which makes me shed sometimes ) every 2 days ,in between some sls free shampoo, I put some aloe vera gel on my scalp everyday and sometimes olive oil , they both feel great on my scalp.
I also checked my hormones levels and my T is very high, all the other markers are normal except my prolactin is also much above the normal level.
I eat healthy food - lots of veg and fruits, flaxseeds, omega 3 , green tea , soy beans ..
I'm really fit, workout almost every day , finasteride is helping my muscle grow much faster .
Anyway, here is some recent photos, my vertex is better than 1 year ago.

For conclusion
Nizoral – after 2 month it looks like its thickening not only cosmetically
finasteride – I don't really have sides, it's cheap, and I think it's maintaining for me
Aloe vera- I think it's helping me a lot.

Any ideas will be great I'm open minded and willing to try new things.

Thanks alot I'm learning alot reading your posts here,

Attachments

• 23122009813.jpg
    23122009813.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 24122009829.jpg
    24122009829.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 24122009830.jpg
    24122009830.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 24122009831.jpg
    24122009831.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 24122009836.jpg
    24122009836.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 174

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score
That spot is probably pretty easy to thicken up with minoxidil if you want to give it a shot, the only reason I never jumped on it was because my thinning is diffuse and finasteride alone has thickened it up a bit for me. If it was just a spot I probably wouldn't mind applying the stuff.

The rest of your hair looks good bro!

airoe

Reaction score
Hi , I don't want try minoxidil yet, I'm afraid of the dependency and of all the mess with this thing.
I really feel by reducing even more androgens in the scalp it can thicken up naturally.
you can't see in the photos but I'm thinning in my middle scalp area.
I feel nizoral cream or spray is the way to go, I just don't find enough evidence,it's all about the shampoo.
Keto is always refered as ani-DHT is it anti-T as well?
for the moment I have to increase finasteride dosage to keep it working, and I don't want to get to 5 mg per day at such a young age.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest, your hair loss doesn't look bad at all. It could just be your natural crown.