Aleo83's story - (28yr old, beginning of hair loss)

Aleo83

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time post after browsing around a bit. My story is new, and at the beginning stages. I am currently 28 years old, and up until a few months ago, I have always had extremely thick hair. Recently, I've noticed balding on both sides, higher up than the temple and not directly in front. My dad also started balding around my age, and is now....bald. Other than that though, I believe his father had hair. One of my uncles on my mothers side went bald fairly early, the other is just now starting to bald in his 50's. So my family is a bit all over the place.

I know my balding situation isn't quite as serious or dire as others, but I'm hoping the faster I can address this the right way, the better the results or minimize the loss. I haven't started any types of treatment yet, and that is the main reason I have come here. I am wondering, with my situation what the best approach would be? The rest of my hair is still fairly thick and haven't noticed any other thinning spots than these two. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

top.jpg

right.jpg

left.jpg

Nuggz

Reaction score
Re: 28yr old, beginning of hair loss

Aleo83,

I am new here and I i recommend reading peoples' stories on this forum. They seem sincere and provide pictures and regimen. I am using Rogaine and although it's for the vertex area, I have read people having success in the temple area. So I would look into Minoxidil to help grow new hair.

I am on my next step of planning to order generic finasteride and using that as a DHT blocker(to stop hair loss), then combining it with Nizoral 2%. With Rogaine, I believe it is known as the big 3.

Again, this is just my experience, so please don't take it as medical advice.

Good Luck!

Oh namllits2002, I am new here but as your first post. You are coming of as someone trying to sell him something or promote, as opposed to replying to his original post. Don't steal his thread or hijack it!

Aleo83

Reaction score

Than you for your speedy responses. I was thinking about Rogaine as well for the first immediate step, just wasn't sure if in my current situation, additional methods should be used or if that would be enough.

@ManutD, as for miniaturisation, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. As in still having small hairs in these areas? I can of course take some more photos, are you looking for me just slicking my hair straight back from the front? Or just parting my hair a bit better in these thinning areas? I'll also try to take some closer up shots if needed.

Thanks again.

Aleo83

Reaction score

no not for my hair. I saw one back a while ago, but for something completely different. Thinking about setting an appointment up just to be sure I go about it the right way.

Aleo83

Reaction score

yea, like I said I've always had really thick hair. So I definitely started noticing when it was thinner.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score

Is it just me or does your male pattern baldness pattern look a little odd? Looks like you have a bald patch above your temple sort of..I would go see a dermatologist to be sure it is male pattern baldness...

Good luck!

Aleo83

Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't had a chance to go to the dermatologist yet, still need to. In the meantime I was going to try some Rogaine, figured it couldn't hurt. Except when reading about it, it says not to use it on frontal balding, and only to be used for vertex balding.

Any one know why? Should I stay away from it, as my vertex seems fine. Any other suggestions as to what I should use?

Thanks.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
Aleo83 said:
Hey guys, haven't had a chance to go to the dermatologist yet, still need to. In the meantime I was going to try some Rogaine, figured it couldn't hurt. Except when reading about it, it says not to use it on frontal balding, and only to be used for vertex balding.

Any one know why? Should I stay away from it, as my vertex seems fine. Any other suggestions as to what I should use?

Thanks.

Basically Rogaine was never proven to work on the temple region in studies, at least not as well as it woks on the crown. Since it is an "FDA approved" product for hair loss, they cannot claim something that is not true on their packaging and must state that is not effective on the temples.

There have been some posts where people used it on the temples and it "ate away" at their existing hair, although I'm not sure how accurate those posts are, it's a possibility that their hair shed and grew back and they never bothered to post an update. There have also been people that posted success stories in the temple region, although those are pretty rare and those were usually accompanied by finasteride.

I personally used Rogaine on the temple region since that's where my loss is, the only thing I noticed after using it for about 8 months was a bunch of very small dark hairs that never developed into real hairs, so I just stopped using it and stuck with finasteride.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, give it a try, nothing bad will probably happen, but the chances of regrowth are not that good.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Naltima said:
Aleo83 said:

Thanks.

Basically Rogaine was never proven to work on the temple region in studies, at least not as well as it woks on the crown. Since it is an "FDA approved" product for hair loss, they cannot claim something that is not true on their packaging and must state that is not effective on the temples.

There have been some posts where people used it on the temples and it "ate away" at their existing hair, although I'm not sure how accurate those posts are, it's a possibility that their hair shed and grew back and they never bothered to post an update. There have also been people that posted success stories in the temple region, although those are pretty rare and those were usually accompanied by finasteride.

I personally used Rogaine on the temple region since that's where my loss is, the only thing I noticed after using it for about 8 months was a bunch of very small dark hairs that never developed into real hairs, so I just stopped using it and stuck with finasteride.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, give it a try, nothing bad will probably happen, but the chances of regrowth are not that good.

You write very nice. I like it.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Naltima said:
gascoigne said:
You write very nice. I like it.

Thanks, I appreciate it. English is not my native language so it's nice to hear this.

Its not about the shape of your writing, its about its sense.
Do you have some msn, yahoo, fb, where can i talk to you?

Aleo83

Reaction score
so would my best option be to just go with finasteride? Is rogaine worth it, or more so a shot in the dark?