Alex- 22 y/o been on Propecia for 4 months now

Alex55

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am 22 years old. I have always had a receding hairline, but the past 2 years it started getting worse. I held of taking propecia and only used Nioxin. 4 months ago i got on propecia.

Below is a picture of me currently. I have been to a doctor and he said see what propecia can do. I love my hair and will do anything to keep oit including transplant.

Below is a pic of my hairline. I wish Propecia can stablize it and it can stay this way.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 261
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 232
  • crown.JPG
    crown.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 199

Alex55

Reaction score
Captain Combover said:
Alex

Try and post some PICS (crown/top/front) of your hair. It's very difficult to tell from your original PIC how advanced you are.
If i was in your position i would add Rogaine Foam to your treatment. Applying it twice a day can be a pain (it does dry in 10mins though) but you could get some considerable regrowth, that you may not get with finasteride.

Captain , Thank you. I will post better pictures and deff try the foam. Are you going by how i look or in general try it? because i thought that foam only helped vertex, my temples are whats bad...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
That's cause it has only been tested at the crown, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work in the front. It could be however that it's less effective, but something is at least better than nothing right??

Alex55

Reaction score
Can someone else chime in? How bad do my sides look? I usually like to get a trim every 2 weeks, it looks nice and clean and the U looks a lot smaller.

I am really hoping finasteride will help.

Is minoxidil 5%or RF better?

Thanks.