Alfatradiol and CB-03-01

Polus

Reaction score
I cannot understand why we don't use a 17a-estradiol to treat hairloss. In COSMO study we clearly see that 17a-estradiol (alfatradiol) is very good 5?-reductase inhibitor - efficiency is close to the CB-03-01. On the market all we have it's only 0.025% solution (example Pantostin) - in study of CB they use 1% solution. I can't understand why they used 17a-estradiol not for example RU58841. Can someone give me answers for my questions:
1. Why on the market we have only 0.025%?
2. From where COSMO have information that 1% of alfatradiol it's very good to test with the new potential androgen antagonist?
3. Why all of us making 2-5% solution of RU58841 but not a 1% alfatradiol solution (we have great small study from COSMO)?

Link for compare

I used alfatradiol for two months (to short to see benefits) and back to finasteride (because i saw recession) but it's weak concetration of 17a-estradiol (forty times smaller).

Thanks for response

Ende

Reaction score
Estrogen may cause some nasty side effects. I wonder if any of those men in Cosmo's study experienced any. I think they delivered estrogen with iontophoresis as well, which is basically the same as injecting the drug. Some scientist recently suggested that injecting fat cells into the scalp could be a treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia. That's interesting, because fat cells contains a lot of enzymes which converts testosterone to estrogen...

It makes me wonder if the scalp ratio of reductase- and aromatase enzymes is in favor of reductase, in men who're balding.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
What is this "COSMO study" to which the first person referred? :dunno:

chessmaniac12

Reaction score
italian uses 17 Alfa in their solutions at 0,025% 17 alfa estradiolo...its very popular there...

''minoxidil 5% solfato
transcutol 5%
1%progesterone
0,025% 17 alfa estradiolo
1% ciproterone acetato
0,10% finasteride''

They have this kind of solutions. cyproterone acetate, prog, topikal finastreida and minoxidil. good mix...

Ende

Reaction score
Why use cyproterone acetate if it contains estrogen - and progesterone if it contains finasteride? I wouldn't risk systemic absorption of either estrogen, cyproterone acetate or finasteride. Estrogen may suppress your testosterone production and give you a lot of other severe side effects, cyproterone acetate suppresses LH (the hormone which causes your testicles to produce testosterone) - and is therefore often administered with a GnRH agonist. We all know what finasteride does, and 1 mg used topically, us more than enough to suppress your systemic DHT level drastically. That product is dangerous IMO.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Estrogen may cause some nasty side effects. I wonder if any of those men in Cosmo's study experienced any. I think they delivered estrogen with iontophoresis as well, which is basically the same as injecting the drug. Some scientist recently suggested that injecting fat cells into the scalp could be a treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia. That's interesting, because fat cells contains a lot of enzymes which converts testosterone to estrogen...

It makes me wonder if the scalp ratio of reductase- and aromatase enzymes is in favor of reductase, in men who're balding.

They are. Woman were shown to have I think it was 6 times higher amounts of Aromatase enzyme in their frontal hairlines than men. And men with Androgenetic Alopecia have been shown to have higher levels of 5AR.

There is no doubt that estrogen protects hair. Lots of women who go on Aromatase Inhibitors for stuff like Breast Cancer report hair loss and thinning. No wonder, what was protecting their hair is being inhibited by powerful AI's like Letrozole etc.

Plus 17-A estradiol doesnt work as an estrogen. 17-B is and does though. As far as I know 17-a only works as a 5AR inhibitor.

Ende

Reaction score
blaze said:
Enden said:
They are. Woman were shown to have I think it was 6 times higher amounts of Aromatase enzyme in their frontal hairlines than men. And men with Androgenetic Alopecia have been shown to have higher levels of 5AR.
That's very interesting! Do you remember the name of the studies?

LostHope

Reaction score
Enden said:
We all know what finasteride does, and 1 mg used topically, us more than enough to suppress your systemic DHT level drastically. That product is dangerous IMO.

>>>>>>
We all know that RU is a very potent antiandrogen. Ppl use 100x the amount ~ 100mg RU daily with basically the same vehicle as topical finasteride.
Isn't that much much more dangerous esp. longterm???
You get a lot of a very potent anitandrogen into your system. It's no surprise that so many of the few users see sides...

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
blaze said:
Enden said:
That's very interesting! Do you remember the name of the studies?

No I dont enden. I will try and hunt down where I read them posted though.