All over shed normal?

johnlocke

Reaction score
Ok quick question. I am 28 and I have had a shaved head since I was 10. Not bald just short. About 2 years ago it started to recede back on my hairline into the M. Good news is in the last 2 years it hasn't advanced much. Other than that I have a very full head of hair if I were to grow it out. But I wanted to see what I could do for the hairline before it advances anymore.

So 11 days ago I started Rogaine foam twice daily right on the hairline ONLY. At the same time I have started using Nizoral 1% twice a week and the rest of the days I just wash my hair with water.

Here's where I'm worried though. For some reason my entire head has thinned out leaving what looks like a very very light horseshoe. It would probably be impossible for most to notice it but I can see it clearly and it is definitely not paranoia.

Is this normal???

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi it is normal to shed when you are on hair loss treatments. I am not sure if 11 days is too soon to shed but everyone responds differently. My shed started right on the very frist day of the treatment. Aslo you shedding all over may be because minoxidil is absorbed into your skin through the bloodstream and travells all around.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Thank you for the response! So then the question is do I need to start applying Rogaine to the areas that shed to get the hair to come back or should I just keep applying it to the original spots I needed it on the hairline?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
omg very difficult question! to be honest, I don't have the answer to it! sorry..but I would apply it to the balding spot only for now...!!

johnlocke

Reaction score
Thanks again! I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe someone else can chime in with some advice on that one?