All over the scalp shedding.

Tomasete

Reaction score
Hi to everybody.

First of all, I have to tell my english isn't very good. I apologize for this.

I am Tomás and I am 23 years old. My history with hairloss began when I was 16, when my temples started to recede. Little by little my temple recession went from a NW1 to a NW2,5. At my 20 years old, my crown also started to thinning slowly. At this time, I started to use Minoxidil 5% twice a day. Two years later I added also ketoconazol 2% twice a week.

Three years later, at my 23 and with the thinking of I need some extra weapon to combat my hairloss, I added proscar 1/5 (finasteride 1mg) every day. This is when the hell begins.

The day before starting with finasteride, I had only temple recession and crown thinning.

-Month 1 with finasteride: Nothing but watery semen. No shedding.

-Month 2 with finasteride: EXTREME OILY SCALP (Like never in my life). A bit of shedding, nothing important.

-Month 3: EXTREME SHEDDING ALL OVER MY SCALP, global and diffuse thinning. My hair begans to thin in the top, the frontal, the back and the sides of my scalp. This happens suddenly, in a matter of four days. Areas most affected are the neck (yes, the back of my head) and the sides of my head (specially around the ears), but of course is noticeable also in the top and the crown. I also notice less density of body hair on my hands, on my eyebrows, on my beard, fingers... And I think on every hair on my body. WTF?!!

I notice also more acne than usual on my back.

-Month 4: Oily scalp continues. My hair density is the same, no regrowth.

-Month 5: The same.

-Month 6: Stop finasteride and go back to only minoxidil.

-Month 7, 8: Nothing, the same. Maybe less oil in the scalp, but I'm not sure.

-Month 9: Start again with finasteride. Oily scalp again. Zero regrowth since the extreme shedding.

What the hell I have to do? Continue with finasteride or not continue? Is this a telogen effluvium?
I have lost over the 40%-50% of my hair density.

I read similar cases in this forum, so I've registered, but most are old and do not know how they ended. Please, I need some help.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I found this thread. This guy had the same reaction, a Telogen Effluvium

The photos are very similar to my current state.

What should I do? Continue or not continue with propecia?