All Revivogen Users: Success or not?

HairlossCA

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new poster on this site but have read numerous threads on this site, as well as similar sites that detail accounts of Revivogen usage. The accounts that I have read have been ambivalent and have still left me undecided as to the efficacy of this product.

If you are a Revivogen user, please tell me, did you maintain your existing haircount (mostly concerned with frontal area) and possibly regrow any hair OR did you experience zero positive effects/and or accelerated hairloss?

I am mainly interested as I would like to purchase an effective topical treatment very soon (not Rogaine).

All feedback is appreciated!
Thank you.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I have used Revivogen, Topical spironolactone 5%, and Nizoral shampoo for 2 1/2 years for maintaining the hairline. The logic is a DHT inhibitor, a receptor blocker, and an inflammation / antiandrogen shampoo.

I have succeeded in keeping everything I had since the day I stopped taking Propecia. I used Propecia for 3 years with great success up front and I strongly recommend using it instead of these alternatives, first. Its a significantly easier regimen to maintain, and has a lot more data backing it.

I don't put a lot of emphasis on user feedback when it comes to hair loss treatments because there are just too many variables. Its always best to look at the supporting data and place your bets on that. If propecia did not have the data it had to back it, i guarantee 99% of the reports would be considered lackluster. Millions of reasons why. Most prominently because people only get excited about regrowth, and Propecia is not a regrowth treatment. Revivogen as well is not a regrowth treatment. Also because Propecia and any DHT inhibitor for that fact, takes a significantly long time to show even maintenance results.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossCA

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com:

Thank you for your quick and informative response. I have actually read several of your threads concerning your personal Revivogen use (staining properties, etc) and have found your postings to be non-biased findings supported with objective, scientific logic. Thanks for the posting integrity.

Having said that, I am trying to avoid an overly intensive topical regimen (other than using Nizoral) and would like to narrow my selection down to either Revivogen or Topical spironolactone 5%, (in addition to my Nizoral and Proscar regimen). Without placing too much emphasis on user feedback (Revivogen--72% satisfaction rate according to HairLossTalk.com survey and Revivogen survey, etc), could you recommend either Revivogen or spironolactone 5% to add to my program? I understand you have taken both concomitantly so it's kinda hard for you to recommend one or the other, but perhaps you have additional insight that I have not found on the website journals?

Again, my goal is to maintain, particularly the frontal area and obviously welcome any regrowth.

Thank you,
HairlossCA

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
HairlossCA said:
I am trying to avoid an overly intensive topical regimen (other than using Nizoral) and would like to narrow my selection down to either Revivogen or Topical spironolactone 5%, (in addition to my Nizoral and Proscar regimen).
I would probably definitely say topical spironolactone 5% is the most proven of the two. See if you can get ahold of Bryan Shelton and he'll send you (or direct you to) the studies done on spironolactone and actual hair.

Yes, I'd definitely recommend spironolactone over revivogen if you had to make a choice. Both bryan and several others told me that spironolactone + Revivogen would be a good combination to replace Propecia though. Since you're using finasteride already, spironolactone would be a completely splendid addition to the regimen. A very intelligent one as well.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossCA

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com:

THANK YOU.

(I will post any future findings with regard to adding spironolactone 5% to my regimen, after giving it the necessary time to evaluate).

HairlossCA

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com:

I forgot to ask, could you please recommend or point me in the right direction to a good vendor to buy spironolactone 5%?

Thanks.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
The only one I know of is Dr. Lee at http://www.minoxidil.com Got to find the order page and sift through the messy-ness to see it. I think Lipoxidil.com has some too.

HairLossTalk.com

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com...are you applying spironolactone on hairline only or are you applying everywhere else thats balding and getting it on the hairs as well when you rub it in? please advise

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
To Hairlosstalk,

Is it difficult to apply the spironolactone cream on the hairline area where there's hair and how far in from the hairline do you apply the spironolactone? Since I assume your hair is thicker the further you go into the crown from the hairline I would think that it would be quite cumbersome to get the spironolactone cream onto the scalp with all the hair in the way. Please let us know how you apply the spironolactone for your situation.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
When you look at me with my hair styled, I look like I have a full hairline. When its wet, as u can see from some of the pix I posted, there is some thinning noticeable.

My goal has always been to maintain.

1. To apply spironolactone I get out of the shower, and towel dry my hair.

2. I brush the front 2 inches downwards onto my forhead so there are vertical "lines" of hair.

3. I dab the spironolactone onto the tip of my finger on my right hand and start at the corner of my hair and pull it to the left just at that area. This reveals a "part" in the hair.

4. I take the tip of my finger and slide it up and down the part.

5. I then grab the next clump of hair about a quarter inch over and pull it to the side, revealing another part. I smear the spironolactone up that part.

I go up about an inch or two into the hairline applying it at each part, and try to make as many "parts" as possible as I work my way across the front. That seems to give me good coverage.

When Im done I push my whole hairline back and hold it with my entire hand, then take a couple dabs of spironolactone and smear a light film across the entire base of the hairline from left to right.

You only need a very thin film on the skin to do the job. Ive also noticed that it tends to soak in and u can see some shineyness a half inch or so away from where you applied it, so i think my method is giving me good coverage.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossCA

Reaction score
All Revivogen Users: Success or not?

HairLossTalk.com:

Sorry to bombard you with questions; I went to the http://www.minoxidil.com
website and noticed that they sold both 2% spironolactone and the 5% spironolactone Cream, which was more expensive.

Do you know if the 5% is considerably more effective versus the 2%, and how long does the 2oz of the 5% cream typically last?

Note: I have read success stories with regard to the 2% on this site, so I wonder if the 'more is better' theory applies to the 5%?

Thank you.

HairlossCA

Reaction score
Chujgcha: Thanks for the post and article.

Question: During your spironolactone use, I noticed you have mentioned that you have signs of regrowth. Would you say that you have also maintained your hair count from what you can tell? Also, is the smell of the 2% really that bad?

Thanks.

G

Hairlosstalk,

When are you applying the Revivogen and Spironolactone is it one in the morning the other at night?

Distressed.

HomerJ

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
I have used Revivogen, Topical spironolactone 5%, and Nizoral shampoo for 2 1/2 years for maintaining the hairline. The logic is a DHT inhibitor, a receptor blocker, and an inflammation / antiandrogen shampoo.

I have succeeded in keeping everything I had since the day I stopped taking Propecia. I used Propecia for 3 years with great success up front and I strongly recommend using it instead of these alternatives, first. Its a significantly easier regimen to maintain, and has a lot more data backing it.

I don't put a lot of emphasis on user feedback when it comes to hair loss treatments because there are just too many variables. Its always best to look at the supporting data and place your bets on that. If propecia did not have the data it had to back it, i guarantee 99% of the reports would be considered lackluster. Millions of reasons why. Most prominently because people only get excited about regrowth, and Propecia is not a regrowth treatment. Revivogen as well is not a regrowth treatment. Also because Propecia and any DHT inhibitor for that fact, takes a significantly long time to show even maintenance results.

HairLossTalk.com

HairLossTalk.com - Why did you stop using Propecia?

Thanks