Allnightl0ng's Story 30 Y.o. Finasteride Oh Please

allnightl0ng

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, men.

Here is my story.
I live in Belarus, Minsk (where is that? o_O).

I am now almost 30 years old and I always thought my hair is a gift (have a very thick and a bit curly hair) and thought that I will be haired even in 80 years, when everyone else would be bold for 40 years already.
But NO. :(

Started to notice some temples about a year ago, and think I have something like Norwood 1,25.
Then started analyzing my photos and realized that when I was 23 had a full ideal hair and after that started to get regress.
I think it is not regressing a lot, but still the time has come to take some actions.

So I've started yesterday Finasteride 1 mg. finasteride costs about 12$ (30 x 5 mg made in India) and is sold in every story in the city so it is not going to be a big of a deal. The only problem is that 5mg pills are very small so sometimes I can nip 1.4 mg and sometimes 0.8 mg.

Also planning to do Hormone test in the near future and will post the results.

Attachments

• 2011 jan.JPG
    2011 jan.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 581
  • 2013 jan.JPG
    2013 jan.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 511
  • 2014 jan.JPG
    2014 jan.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 496
  • 2015 jan.JPG
    2015 jan.JPG
    318.7 KB · Views: 495
  • 2016 jan.JPG
    2016 jan.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 485
  • 2017 jul 2.JPG
    2017 jul 2.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

allnightl0ng

My Regimen
Reaction score
So after almost a month got an update.

Don't feel any sides from finasteride (phew-phew), just had a bit of a pain in the balls in a first few days. Probably don't want to work that much in a gym like I usually do (maybe that's because of a summer time). And also probably don't want my girlfriend like I did before (that's maybe because I am dating her for the half of the year already, ahah).

Have a problem cutting a small 5mg finasteride pill into 5 same parts. Does anyone know the solution?

Yesterday I've started 5%-Minoxidil and got a 0.75mm roller. It costed me 14$ min and 10$ roller. I apply it twice a day, roller first (a bit unpleasant, but everyone knows that real men don't like any pain at all) and mix after, just on the temples. The roller is washed with Vodka after each use. 0.7 liter Vodka costs about 4$ and that's the only good reason to live in a country bordered with Russia.

Nothing changed so far, so there is no need in photos. Just my super cool roller.
Going to add zinc vitamins next week.

P.S. Correct my grammar please if you see mistakes, so I can combo hair recovery and English learning. :)

Attachments

• ftRtjg9[1].jpg
    ftRtjg9[1].jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 229

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good that you're starting with propecia. Hope it will keep your hair that you have.

Be careful with the dermaroller though - get a disinfectant and "bathe" your dermroller in it to be on the safe side. Maybe also get 70% alcohol spray for additional cleaning (vodka is only 40%). You should also use minoxidil 24 hours after you apply your dermroller.

allnightl0ng

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good that you're starting with propecia. Hope it will keep your hair that you have.

Be careful with the dermaroller though - get a disinfectant and "bathe" your dermroller in it to be on the safe side. Maybe also get 70% alcohol spray for additional cleaning (vodka is only 40%). You should also use minoxidil 24 hours after you apply your dermroller.

Okay, I've changed the disinfect process now I bath the dermaroller in Chlorhexidine after each use, and 5 mins before the use I wash it with Vodka and I also rub my scalp with it. There is no way I can get 70+% alcohol without the prescription or ton of american dollars.
But I don't understand the logic on applying Min 24 hours after the use of dermaroller. I think the scalp regenerates much faster (in 2-3 hours for me there is no signs like pinky skin or whatever). And my intentions were not to use dermaroller for the massage, but to makes holes in the scalp so Minoxidil will work better.
And to prove it I've found some research, it's all in russian so I post only the picture, left side Min without roller and right side with it. Am i doing something wrong?

great hair for 30 yo .

Well, a lot of thanks :) Will work to keep it!

Attachments

• study-dermaroller-2[1].jpg
    study-dermaroller-2[1].jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 237

allnightl0ng

My Regimen
Reaction score
So omg It seems the medecine works.
Lots of new hair and it it's growing.

Attachments

• Фото 25.09.2017, 14 17 15.jpg
    Фото 25.09.2017, 14 17 15.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 344
  • Фото 25.09.2017, 14 17 40.jpg
    Фото 25.09.2017, 14 17 40.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 360

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So omg It seems the medecine works.
Lots of new hair and it it's growing.
Is that regrowth from finasteride or do you use some topicals?
Oh, I have the same pattern, but can't see such regrowth on hairline.

allnightl0ng

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that regrowth from finasteride or do you use some topicals?
Oh, I have the same pattern, but can't see such regrowth on hairline.

It's 2 months finasteride and 1 month minoxidil + roller. Was not hoping to see any results before the new year and really impressed by this combo

allnightl0ng

My Regimen
Reaction score
So its growing like Hell. It is interesting, can the hairline restore to 100% original line when I was 18.

Attachments

• ^50BDE06E6B63992C8AEAAABE514635034CDB91113028EC1A5F^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
    ^50BDE06E6B63992C8AEAAABE514635034CDB91113028EC1A5F^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 338

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So its growing like Hell. It is interesting, can the hairline restore to 100% original line when I was 18.
Decent progress for such a short period of time.
How much minoxidil do you apply? And which brand do you use—Kirkland or Rogain? Thanks.