Allow me to introduce myself (newbie) also have a question(s

cochise

Reaction score
Hi all,

First let me introduce myself as this is my first ever post on HairLossTalk.com.

I have been on Propecia (proscar) for over 4 years and Minoxidil for 2 with good results. I basically have diffuse thinning that may not be that noticable to the untrained eye. Other than my sis and a close friend no-one has ever really noticed. I'm looking to further enhance my "hair diet" with another product. After doing some initial research I have decided to go the Prox-N or Revivogen route. I also considered Triaxon but can't really find too much info regarding peoples opinions on it. I'm really looking to go the natural route as I'm already taking the other 2 biggies.

It starts to get a little confusing. I know Prox-N doesn't contain any DHT inhibitors and that Revivogen doesn't contain and SOD's or copper peptides and unfortunately I can't afford to use both.

So where do I go from here? Should I go for Revivogen and maybe use Tricomen in the morning (after shower) and then Revivo in the pm or use Prox-N and maybe Crinagen or just use either Revivo or Prox-n on there own (still using minoxidil and proscar of course) Any advice would be extremely appreciated!

I also use Nizoral 3-4 x's a week.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
my advice

hi, Im just over a month from starting my own regime with Revivogen (maintainence) and Copper Peptides for growth (as well as using green tea and saw palmetto supps for back up)...what I can say is this. I have noticed a reduction in the amount of hair falling out each day whist on Revivogen and Copper Peptides- I started off using American Crew Revitaliser (same stuff as Tricomin) and when the bottle finished I used the free sample of Trico that I got but I didnt like the smell and I just prefer the American Crew version. As I said its only been just over a month and had realistic expectations at the point as Im staying in this for a solid 6 months before I fully evaluate my situation. But so far here are my observations

1) Hair feels thicker

2) American Crew makes my hair easier to style

3) It *seems* like the scalp is less visable under direct lighting unlike before

4) I can see some small hairs starting to grow around my hairline

5) I have seen a marked reduction in the number of hairs falling out

I am not claiming anything for these products Im just giving my opinion so far - my true evaluation will come after 3 and then ultimately 6 months to see whats happened.

Oh and I use nizoral 2% twice a week

hope thats of use!

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you're already taking Propecia, using an anti-DHT topical isn't so important. You are already using the most proven three treatments. If you want to add another topical, I would use a copper peptide, either Tricomin or Folligen, as these promote scalp health as well as regrowth. The Lasercomb is FDA approved for hair thickening, so that's another good option as well.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
The Lasercomb is FDA approved for hair thickening, so that's another good option as well.

When the heck did this happen?! As far as I know the laser pointer...errr.. comb is still in "trials".

Hotlegs

Established Member
Reaction score
The lazercomb is already approved for hair growth and thickening in a few countries.

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
socks said:
mvpsoft said:
The Lasercomb is FDA approved for hair thickening, so that's another good option as well.

When the heck did this happen?! As far as I know the laser pointer...errr.. comb is still in "trials".

AFAIK it's still in trials for hair regrowth, but has been approved for thickening.

i assume thickening means each hair shaft is thicker, but isn't that essential the same thing as regrowth for male pattern baldness sufferers?