Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo C1 ???

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seen this shampoo when i was picking up nizoral in boots. anyone used this?? Is it any gud for hair?? Its only like £4.50. worth a go

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I went through a few bottles. Nice shampoo - didn't do anything for my hairloss near as I can tell.

Still - I like the idea of of a caffeineted shampoo so I'm on my 3rd bottle of home-made caffeineted shampoo now - a lot less expensive.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan any thoughts on this product? Is it a good shampoo for nizoral days off?Any benefits? Enjoy the questions.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just want to recommend this shampoo. Whether it helps with loss, the jury is still out but it smells great and DEFINATELY thickens hair like it states it does. It also makes my scalp feel tingly(in a good way) and it has a cooling effect leaving it feeling cold and fresh, very nice feeling and lovely stuff. :punk:

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
I went through a few bottles. Nice shampoo - didn't do anything for my hairloss near as I can tell.

Still - I like the idea of of a caffeineted shampoo so I'm on my 3rd bottle of home-made caffeineted shampoo now - a lot less expensive.

can i know how much caffeine you add into your shampoo? what is the size of your shampoo?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I don't know if you ever followed any of "Immortal Hair's" stuff - but he started out recommending 2tsp per 8 oz of shampoo.

He got a lot of feedback from guys "making their own" - and then his standard recomendation was 1 tsp caffeine per 8oz bottle of shampoo - which is what I'm using.

The acceptable range depending on individual tolerance still seems to be 1/2 tsp - 2tsp per 8oz shampoo (some guys report headaches).

The 1 tsp for 8oz shampoo seems to be serving me pretty well.

CCS

Reaction score
Anyone know the ingredients?

I will not buy a shampoo that does not state the ingredients. VERY dodgy. They don't want to be questioned by any people in the know. I did a google search for Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo C1 ingredients. None of the returns listed them. Just got ads saying it has good ingredients but not saying what they are.

CCS

Reaction score
I don't even care anymore. I bet it is just caffeine which can be bought anywhere. I was going to buy it if it had procyanidin C1 in it.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ingredients.. aqua, SLS, laureth2,sodium chloride,Disodium laureth sulfosuccinate,SodiumLauroyl glutarnate, Panthenol,Cafeine, Parfum, PEG-120 MethylGlucose dioleate,Hydrolyzed wheat protein,citric acid,Sodium citrate,Potassium Sorbate,PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor oil,Menthol,Polyquatemium-7,Disodium EDTA,Sodium Benzoate.Zinc PCA,Niacinamide,Limonene,Tocopherol,Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Ethylparaben,Butylparaben,Propylparaben,C1 60730,C1 42090

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
tried a 4-5bottles of Alpecin C1 before and didn't have any noticable effect.

anyway, found this shampoo. Sebamed anti-hairloss shampoo which contain caffeine too. can't seem to find much information about it online. my brother brough one bottle which i not such where he got it from.

http://translate.google.com.sg/translat ... %26hl%3Den

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
i like the idea of Alpecin double effect shampoo. it have Salicylic acid, PTO and caffeine. a shampoo with almost all the ingredient i wanted. sadly, it cost almost 2.5times more expensive then the C1 shampoo in my area.

feel like getting a bottle for trial. but i rather spend the money on some caffeine powder and mix it with a cheap PTO shampoo.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tried the Double Effect Shampoo this morning and indeed it is very pleasant and gives a cool, tingly sensation. Definitely, I think it would make for a good shampoo on non-Nizoral days. I note they make no claims about extra growth on their site despite the theorizing about caffeine's alleged strengths vs DHT but they do say they can increase the length of the growth phase. Good for maintaining at the very least then?