Alternate Medicine really any good?

jenny4gh

Reaction score
So at the age of 17 i realised my frontline had slowly started receding.I was desperate for a cure since people made fun of me in school,I tried everything from minoxidil to Finasteride to some diet supplements which were supposed to help regulate proper growth of hair and restore my frontline.Seems my body had other plans since it only got worse.By 23 i had lost almost all my frontliine. I gave up totally since nothing seemed to work for me,then i had a chance to go on an exchange program in ghana, where one of the lecturers gave me a pomade based on a traditional remedy he claimed had been in his family for decades. I used it and after a month i begun to see massive improvements.i should've been happy right? well after 3 months of buying two successive pomades from him, my hair had made a remarkable recovery,but i noticed that after a month of not using my hair seems to start thinning again.My lecturer believes it is because i have used so many other inorganic products the damage to my scalp is sever and i will have to use it consistently for at least 6 months.What happens if after the 6 month period i still need more,i cant be addicted to it for the rest of my life can i, are there side efffects for herbal products?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Has your hair loss been properly diagnosed? Traction alopecia can also be responsible for your symptoms. How have you worn your hair in the past? Best Wishes.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's impossible to say without knowing the chemical composition of the active ingredients in pomade that may have improved your hair, or any other factors that may have also impacted your hairloss. Maybe there was something else that coincided with your exchange, such as being in a different environment, different diet, lifestyle etc... Most herbal and alternative medicines don't work, or have very mild effects, I've read reviews for so many alternative products, none of which seem to actually work.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If you could supply us with the ingredients I'ld be interested in seeing them. Thanx.