Alternative Hair Loss Treatments In Addition To Medication?

casparrro

Reaction score
I asked this question in other topic concerning alternative approaches towards treating hairloss, though I didn't receive any answer. I want to state that I am no snake oil freak and I have been on medication for year and a half now (finasteride + minoxidil 2% - I am willing to change it into 5%, though the effects are still visible) having moderate progress. Situation is stabilized, yet I was thinking about making my general hair condition better or/and speeding the rate of growth. This is important to stress that my hairloss is pretty much non visible now, little temple recession and no loss at the top of the head - thanks to medication + fringe that covers it all.

I am aware of the fact that most of the shampoos, oils etc from big companies are just not potent enough to halt hairloss or on their own or simply do not work at all and I have had some experience on my own, but I would like to receive your opinion or any kind scientific proof, if you have any. Any kind of recommendation is also welcomed.

Of course I am thinking now about products you can see at a beautician's or buy in a shop and not about alternative or auxiliary treatments like saw palmetto or spironolactone.

I myself can say that Syoss volume shampoo really (to my sincere surprise) enhances the volume of your hair.
If you have any :>

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
All alternative medication is speculation as the studies on them are of very poor quality. Many of us experiment with these medications, but we do so in conjunction with standard treatments, we're not isolating.

If we're going by anecdotal reports, the most solid success case is probably RU 58551.

casparrro

Reaction score
Thanks, I know RU and other treatments and I think they are worth trying if you have time and money to get them, but I was rather thinking about your opinion on 'Pura D'Or Argan Oil shampoo with 14 DHT blockers and ketoconazole' or any other 'super duper hair formula".

And still, the shampoo has DHT blockers and ketoconazole so I am sure it works :)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the P'Ura D'or shampoo was completely useless. In fact, it's recently expired and I won't be renewing it. I should update my sig ...

Can get ketoconazole from lots of different shampoos.