Alternatives after long-term use of finasteride

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
After using finasteride for 2.5 years, the side effects (erectile dysfunction) force me to stop it!! I have no other choice...and I dont want to start v**** etc..(I should say I tried L-Arginine without success).
So, I stopped taking finasteride one week before. I should say that finasteride stopped my hair loss all these years. I tried also regaine in the past (before starting finasteride, but also finasteride+regaine together) without any sign of hair regrowth.
Now..I am quite scared for the effects after quitting finasteride. In order to help my hair, I started again rogaine 5% once per day (night) together with tretinoin cream (twice per week). I also use the product Anastim by Ducray (see information about it in this site) and probably I will start Chronostim after that (Anastim is recommended for two month treatment twice per year...). I also use Nizoral 2% three times per week.
Is there any guy who stopped finasteride after long term use and had success with other alternatives (anti-dht blockers)?
Any success with the combination rogaine+tretinoin?
Any opinion about Anastim or Chronostim?
Any recommendation?

I am also taking fenugreek capsules for the next 30 days..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
beta sitosterol can be a replacement!

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on the big 3 and I even had regrowth but sides made me stop all 3, I grow very sensitive to minoxidil or nizoral and had the usual sex sides from finasteride.

So I'm in a similar boat.

I tried revivogen but that set my scalp off again.

The only thing I'm using at the moment is Tricomin and Topical spironolactone cream. It might help a little. My hair looks very crap after about 3 months off finasteride.

I don't think much will help other then the big 3 but who knows.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Try the new Revita shampoo..Kick ***....nothing to loose. except a couple bucks.. you guys should try the prostate supplements stuff with high dose of beta sitosterol..Some people got great results from that...Hairloss is all about trying stuff...Apple Polyphenol as a topical or Emu oil...Azelaic Acid... :)

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Lots of people stop Revita because it causes non stop shedding.

I heard it's 4% caffeine which is too high, apparently.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
I would be very willing to try all the sh*t products and I dont care about money..but I am not willing to try products that could have a bad effect in my hair...so its not so easy to try all the products..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
First thing about Hairloss:there is no perfect solution... Second thing you should stop whining and try stuff even is people said that.... People were telling me that I am going to end up wit a pair of tits with Propecia!Bought the stuff..Did 2.5 a day during 10 months. No damn side effects at all....Bought Dutasteride to try it. 0.5 every day..ended up with big side effects...Now working on the dosage and trying to experiment some topicals..... Who said that 4% of caffeine is too much???? Just don't overdose it..Hair loss people got a tendency to overdose everything because they want quick results...Sit down..relax.open a cold one...Read a lot and try stuff.. SORRY..