Alvin's Story (27 / Rogaine+Nizoral2%)

alvintws

Reaction score
Hey guys here,

I've been reading this forum for like 2weeks and now I've decided to sail together. Let me tell you more about me. Currently I'm 27years old and I started to lose hair since 17. Throughout these 10 years, I've tried several products such as:

1) Propecia cut into 4 for 1 year but I didn't really see any result, maybe it controls the loss but I don't know, because I didn't really do monthly tracking with pictures.
2) Nioxin System 2 with the darn expensive follicle booster for about 3-4 years. This product really drove me nut! It make my hair very dry and in long run I would say I drop even more hairs.
3) Neeta's Herbal for like 1 year. They have full regimen at home and also monthly salon visit but didn't work too.

In between, sometimes when my product finished, I'd just simply use whatever I have or from the shelfs. Recently few months ago, I noticed it got even more aggresive and ugly! So I started to dwell the net everyday and finally I found what I wish to try here. Please refer to my regimen below. At the moment, I have to admit that I'm chicken enough to go on finasteride because of the possible sides. So I'll just go with minoxidil + Nizoral 2% first, and I hope it will work for me! I'll keep updating on the progress and at the mean time, referring to my pictures, which Norwood am I?? Is there any other advices you would give?

Attachments

• Wet 1.jpg
    Wet 1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Dry 1.jpg
    Dry 1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 241
  • Wet 2.jpg
    Wet 2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Dry 2.jpg
    Dry 2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 225

alvintws

Reaction score
alvintws said:
1) Propecia cut into 4 for 1 year but I didn't really see any result, maybe it controls the loss but I don't know, because I didn't really do monthly tracking with pictures.

It's Proscar not Propecia. I would like to apologise for my non-native English.

hairandthere

Reaction score
I say that if you want to actually fight hairloss, accept the lifetime commitment, you do the Finasteride/Minoxidil/Nizoral. If you can't, I say buzz it down with the smallest guard or even no guard and move on :punk:

alvintws

Reaction score
hairandthere said:
I say that if you want to actually fight hairloss, accept the lifetime commitment, you do the Finasteride/Minoxidil/Nizoral. If you can't, I say buzz it down with the smallest guard or even no guard and move on :punk:

i appreciate your opinion and yeah i know it's the BIG3 but then at the moment i wanted to go on topical first for at least 6months to 1year before i add on oral. i'm confident enough that it will work for me. i'm praying hard now.

alvintws

Reaction score
hey all,

just to check with you guys, after applying minoxidil (i'm currently using regaine), does your hair feel powderly? my hair has got thicker when it dries but i can feel there is some coating. when i comb it, there are lots of powder left on the comb. anyone?

breadnbutter

Reaction score
alvintws said:
hey all,

just to check with you guys, after applying minoxidil (i'm currently using regaine), does your hair feel powderly? my hair has got thicker when it dries but i can feel there is some coating. when i comb it, there are lots of powder left on the comb. anyone?
Yes, I get this too. I have a comb I use just for when I apply minoxidil, try finer tooth combs (not too fine though, it may take out extra hairs). Then when you think you've got it all out, use a fresh comb. I have to do this because I have longer hair, it might be easier for short hair, but yes I get the "coating".

alvintws

Reaction score
breadnbutter, i would like to congrats you on the success in just 4-5months!! i guess i'm having the same case as you, hair loss all over but not the hairlines but it's just that mine took 10years whereas yours 3. anyway keep updating your progress, i would like to know.

btw, do you experience any agressive loss in your first few weeks?

alvintws

Reaction score
hey all,

just a quick update here. after two weeks on rogaine and nizoral, i have more hairs drop especially during washing. i hope i'm actually responding to the big 2 and pray hard that my crowning glory will come back after few months.

alvintws

Reaction score
blink said:
where did you get your proscar from when you used it?

prescribed by doctor, the patented proscar by merck.

alvintws

Reaction score
here is a quick update after 1 month on my regime. my hair dropped aggressively during the first month especially after 1-2weeks of usage, which is expected as written on the bottle. i hope this is a good sign that i'm responding to it and pray hard the new hairs will grow back.

Attachments

• WetT.jpg
    WetT.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 180
  • DryT.jpg
    DryT.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 136
  • wetV.jpg
    wetV.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 190
  • dryV.jpg
    dryV.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 176

alvintws

Reaction score
oh ya my hair texture started to change. it has became a little weavy and freezy. for those freezy strands are the weak one, easily drop when i pull it lightly. i just pray hard my crowning glory will come back after this dramatic drop... anyone has any suggestions or something to share? but please do not convince me to try finasteride yet. i'll continue with my regime for at least 1year first.

alvintws

Reaction score
Re: Alvin's Story (27 / Rogaine+Nizoral2%) Good Result Updates!!

Hey guys,

Good news!!! I think I'm seeing improvements now!!! Just a quick update, I've been on my regime for about 2months I think my hair is getting thicker!

Initially hair loss increase which was due to the Rogaine and mainly are the miniturised hairs dropped. Then after few weeks, hair loss started to reduced to like less than 5strands everytime I shampoo (I shampoo twice daily). Now what I notice is that my hair texture is different. They are more thick, slightly weavy and volume. At first I though it was due to the crystalisation of Rogaine. But after I shampoo, I really can feel that it's thicker now. Any by comparing to the pictures that I take monthly (will upload my latest pictures soon), can see that hair density at the balding spots become more dense! I'm so happy now and I'm praying hard that I will still get the positive result progressively.

But just want to ask you guys, I'm having a tremendous but bearable itch. Not only Nizoral give me itchness but Rogaine too! Anything that I can do about it?