Am i a good candidate for RU?

bentleychris23

Reaction score
Hi, i'm 20 and have around a norwood 2.5. I'm looking to halt it here and maybe even grow back some hair. I definitely don't want to take anything internal and i've read that RU is the best available anti androgen out there. Where's the best place to order this? and how can i learn to mix it? i'm just a 20 year old kid, no chemist or anything. Lastly i read on this board that you can mix 5% rogaine in the RU because they have the same delivery ingredients? is that true?

T

TravisB

Whoa, this stuff has very good reviews. I've never heard before of Azelaic Acid inhibiting DHT. Is it a powerful inhibitor?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Whoa, this stuff has very good reviews. I've never heard before of Azelaic Acid inhibiting DHT. Is it a powerful inhibitor?

There's not one whit of scientific evidence that azelaic acid works as a 5a-reductase inhibitor in vivo. There's a single study that found it to do that when mixed with tissue samples in a test-tube (an in vitro study, in other words), but it's never been shown to have any effect on DHT when applied topically to living animals.