Am i balding? 18y

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
absolutely NOT: you've got a tonne of hair: but why not keep what you have: ketaconazole 1 x week, high quality collagen, biotin, and ZIXX formula with azelaic acid added. Throw some rosemary oil in your hair and a good quality shampoo like Dr. Bronners . remember diet is essential too!

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you've got a tonne of hair. A TONNE. Lots of hair lines look like that. I guarantee if you shave it you'll quickly see that the hair is just a thick. the first little 1/2 inch of hair line doesn't always look thick on a lot of people as the ahir needs to sit on other hairs to look maximum thickness. Its simply genetics. My hair was like that at 22. I'm 44 and it hasn't moved in the front. It has receded a little near the temples

Get a barber and stick with them. They'll keep you informed. or use a little mole or something on your skin to keep measurements. Pictures are very decieving. VERY. Your hair looks amazing!!

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks perfect... the STRANGEST attitude or idea I've seen on these forums is that we are all born with a perfectly thick hairline. Look at women more - they're awesome! - Hot woman often have very unusual hairlines and trust me: their hair is WAY more important than ours.

I can almost guarantee your hair line always looked like that: so many different types of hairlines. . What happens is a guys sees something about balding online, looks at his hair and it it is not their idea of perfet and they panick

Now if you told me your hair changed considerably in the last year, I would worry

I was born with a norwood 2 NOT a 1, NOT a 0. A two. I'm now 44 and did nothing to protect my hair and I am about a norwood 3.

When I was 22, I learned about the norwood scale and freaked out!! I assumed I had been born with a 0 BUT THATS NOT THE CASE - alot of people are not

You are a 0 - Not even a 1 : Do what EMPTINESS above said - very good info on taking pics. You'll be fine BUT eat healthy: collagen , biotin, low sugar, low dairy low wheat, lots of nutrition, healthy organic shampoo, massage your scalp - throw in some rosemary oil and saw palmetto. stick to the same barber

....if you want OR do nothing. Your hair is shampoo model hair - perfect. It will be fine!! take pics if you're worried. BUT DONT WORRY

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this reply!! really :)
Now, you mentioned that if i told you my hair changed in the last year you would be worried. I thought a lot about this and i really can't tell, do you mean in the thickness of the hair? if thats the case then no, it didn't change considerably.. what did you exactly mean on this part?
But in conclusion, thank you for ur analysis, so i shouldn't worry at all about it? i am a Norwood 0?? thx!!
There's an old saying in the hair business: "if you aint noticed it thinning its cuz it DIDN'T thin" ... I made that up but its a fact. You would notice

I meant thinning or recession in terms of a change. You would have noticed so don't worry. You have so so much hair. Live life and enjoy!!

absolutely ZERO to worry about other than what style to impress that special lady!

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you so very much!!! Actually, now that you mention the thing that started me noticing more my hair and visiting this forum was the fact that one day i was taking a bath and went to the mirror and saw in my moist hair this white line on the pictures that i sent down below. I didn't know if this was some kind of diffuse thinning or just my scalp showing, so this is the real root of my worries ( the 5th and 6th ones are from february btw, on february my hair was WAY shorter, thats why it may look a little different from the first pics):

(also, an imgur album with my hair pics from february )
View attachment 163102View attachment 163103View attachment 163104View attachment 163105View attachment 163106View attachment 163107View attachment 163108View attachment 163109View attachment 163110
Remember what Amigo said. You're a ZERO. That space you see is a root gap. its very normal even with the thickest hair! Look at women who care and need their hair way more than us. Women with thick hair parted have the exact same thing you do. Hot women with the thickest hair possible (women's hair can be thicker due to hormones) have that exact thing. Very normal.

Ask any barber or hair stylist: your hair is the stuff shampoo models want.

Amigocrocker has good advice on the pictures and stay off this site!!

amigocrocker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember what Amigo said. You're a ZERO. That space you see is a root gap. its very normal even with the thickest hair! Look at women who care and need their hair way more than us. Women with thick hair parted have the exact same thing you do. Hot women with the thickest hair possible (women's hair can be thicker due to hormones) have that exact thing. Very normal.

Ask any barber or hair stylist: your hair is the stuff shampoo models want.

Amigocrocker has good advice on the pictures and stay off this site!!
You guys are so kind :)) thank u thank u thank you hair2stay!!!! I feel very blessed to have such kind people over here to help me out!!!

Sarper123

My Regimen
Reaction score
:) you really think so? you seen all the pics?? you think im a 0? no signs of thinning at all? 100% honest? thanks!!
I can clearly say you have beautiful hair.You have low hairline a.k.a Norwood 0 and it is normal to see baby hairs on hairline.Your density is god tier af.Go enjoy your hair

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's an old saying in the hair business: "if you aint noticed it thinning its cuz it DIDN'T thin" ... I made that up but its a fact. You would notice

I meant thinning or recession in terms of a change. You would have noticed so don't worry. You have so so much hair. Live life and enjoy!!

absolutely ZERO to worry about other than what style to impress that special lady!
I certainly never noticed any hair loss until my best friend told me. I had very little to no recession in front. Hair loss high in the crown can be basically invisible from all angles in pictures and I note that none of you would have thought that I was going bald in my early 20's but I clearly was. My pics from back then even fool me. Then I ran into the opposite phenomenon a few years back where my hair seemed to look fine in certain mirrors based upon lighting but it looked bald in unfavorable lighting. Pictures often struggle to capture the hair loss when it is diffuse.

amigocrocker

My Regimen
Reaction score
I certainly never noticed any hair loss until my best friend told me. I had very little to no recession in front. Hair loss high in the crown can be basically invisible from all angles in pictures and I note that none of you would have thought that I was going bald in my early 20's but I clearly was. My pics from back then even fool me. Then I ran into the opposite phenomenon a few years back where my hair seemed to look fine in certain mirrors based upon lighting but it looked bald in unfavorable lighting. Pictures often struggle to capture the hair loss when it is diffuse.
But based on these pictures, would you say i'm balding?? or is there some kind of thinning?? :(

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But based on these pictures, would you say i'm balding?? or is there some kind of thinning?? :(
No. I would not say that your are balding but you have lost a little hair in front of your ears. This is usually not cosmetically significant hair loss though and it might not spread the way that hair loss in the crown or temples often do.

SaveTheMane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only bald family member of my family was my maternal grandfather, which is why i was kinda worried abt this, i've heard in a lot of places that the genes come from the mother's side of the family etc etc.
But my mother was not a single child, i have my uncle, and he is not bald.
My dad wasn't bald, he reached his 50's with a full head of hair. (he was probably an NW1 or 1.5)
So yeah, other than my maternal grandfather, no other family member is/was bald
This still kinda worries me though
You mean your uncle(the son of your maternal grandfather and your mother's brother) is not bald like he is still a full NW1? How old is he? Also what is your maternal grandfather's balding level in his age? Like less than NW4?

amigocrocker

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. I would not say that your are balding but you have lost a little hair in front of your ears. This is usually not cosmetically significant hair loss though and it might not spread the way that hair loss in the crown or temples often do.
Oh, so that hair that i lost in front of my ears will not evolve into something more aggressive? phew.
If you want, i could post some more pictures for you to analyze !! Do you think my pics are good enough for you to analyze or are they deceiving??
You are a frequent member of this forum so i trust your analysis, thank you!!!!

amigocrocker

My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean your uncle(the son of your maternal grandfather and your mother's brother) is not bald like he is still a full NW1? How old is he? Also what is your maternal grandfather's balding level in his age? Like less than NW4?
Yup, exactly!!! my uncle, the son of my maternal grandfather and my mother's brother is 51 years old and he is still a full NW1!!! As for my maternal grandfather, i can't say for sure his Norwood level cuz he died WAAAY before i was born, but based on my grandma's stories abt him, he started to go bald in his 30's and was an NW3 or maybe NW4!
Do you think i should be worried?? :(

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, so that hair that i lost in front of my ears will not evolve into something more aggressive? phew.
If you want, i could post some more pictures for you to analyze !! Do you think my pics are good enough for you to analyze or are they deceiving??
You are a frequent member of this forum so i trust your analysis, thank you!!!!
If it does, progression seems to be much more organic and to take place over several years, and many times, the condition never worsens. I was trying to put together a list of people with this issue but you could look at Al Pacino, Christian Slater and Jack Nicholson over time to get an idea. Pacino's never got worse and I don't think that Slater did on the sides but he had a lot of temple recession. Nicholson has always had that hair in front of the ears that seems to jut outwards with no purpose that I can discern but scalp tension could be higher in such areas.

amigocrocker

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it does, progression seems to be much more organic and to take place over several years, and many times, the condition never worsens. I was trying to put together a list of people with this issue but you could look at Al Pacino, Christian Slater and Jack Nicholson over time to get an idea. Pacino's never got worse and I don't think that Slater did on the sides but he had a lot of temple recession. Nicholson has always had that hair in front of the ears that seems to jut outwards with no purpose that I can discern but scalp tension could be higher in such areas.
Ooh, i see!! also, in what picture exactly did you notice that hair loss in front of my ears?? Sorry im just really bad at noticing this kind of stuff , so if you could point it out for me i would appreciate very very much!!!
So overall, do you think my condition is normal?? or should i worry?? Im kinda paranoid abt this sorry for the amount of questions :(

But really, thank you very very much for analyzing my pics!!! I really need some opinions here cuz im getting really mentally sick and worried thinking that im going bald all the time, i've always been so paranoid about things since forever

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, exactly!!! my uncle, the son of my maternal grandfather and my mother's brother is 51 years old and he is still a full NW1!!! As for my maternal grandfather, i can't say for sure his Norwood level cuz he died WAAAY before i was born, but based on my grandma's stories abt him, he started to go bald in his 30's and was an NW3 or maybe NW4!
Do you think i should be worried?? :(
The family tree analysis is generally useless. My father has a perfect NW1 at 83 but it didn't help me, my brother or sister much. My mother has amazing hair for a woman in her 80's. In your case, it is a bit more useful since you have not in fact verified any male pattern baldness up to now. Once a person identifies a condition of male pattern baldness, family analysis is generally worthless in any individual case. Why? Because now we have a prior truth statement that is male pattern baldness/Not male pattern baldness. Since say 90 percent of people over the age of 18 who think that they have male pattern baldness actually do have male pattern baldness, the favorable family factors mostly only relate to severity of hair loss and even here, they are sort of useless as often one brother balds more or less than his brothers even if both have male pattern baldness.

I would drop the family analysis part of your question and only deal with what people can experience as 3rd parties, which is your pictures and your own hair loss experiences which seem to be currently close to none.