Am I Balding? If So, What Norwood Am I?

Daniel Kennedy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking for your opinions on what Norwood I am, and if you think I’m balding on the crown. I can see that my temples are clearly receding over the past couple years, but not sure if it simply looks that way because of my hairstyle, or because it’s a true receding hairline.

My Dad and older brother both have the dreaded “horseshoe” so I’m worried I may be heading down that same path.

Any thoughts on my Norwood scale ranking as well as if I should start treatment are much appreciated! Thank you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5065-1.JPG
    IMG_5065-1.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_5067-1.JPG
    IMG_5067-1.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_5068-1.JPG
    IMG_5068-1.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_5069.JPG
    IMG_5069.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 297

Jessy Barkley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you most likely began thinning in the crown area but I am 95% confident that you can reverse some of it with a treatment, I heard that some people had effective results with dermarolling. For myself I use finasteride and haven't notice further hairloss.

I wouldn't be able to tell what norwood it is :>

John_zor

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, you are thinning and your crown is getting worse. You even have family history of male pattern baldness.
I would suggest seek professional advice and start using meds if you wanna keep what you have or even regrow some.
But my opinion is, if you leave it like this it won't stay the same and it will only get worse.

But hey, I'm not an expert and this is only my opinion.
Best of luck dude!