Am I balding?

boriMAC11

Reaction score
I'm 24, and have noticed that the middle top area looks like it has slightly less hair than the rest of my head, as well as my hairline edges.

Is it just the lighting, the haircut, the angles I take the pics or just simply thinning hair (balding)?

Can you guys give me an opinion?

Last edited:

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
If you've only started to notice it recently its likely balding. You also mention that temple hair is a little thinner..

You have a fantastic hairline but it does look like a bit of diffusing on top.

If I was you I'd research finasteride. It will either thicken up your existing hair or help maintain what you already have. Either way you'll be able to enjoy having a great head of hair for years to come.

boriMAC11

Reaction score
If you've only started to notice it recently its likely balding. You also mention that temple hair is a little thinner..

You have a fantastic hairline but it does look like a bit of diffusing on top.

If I was you I'd research finasteride. It will either thicken up your existing hair or help maintain what you already have. Either way you'll be able to enjoy having a great head of hair for years to come.

I never really paid much mind to the top of my head. I've noticed my hairline has always been sleeping slanted and uneven. The top corner areas of my hairline look thinner or have less hair than the other areas of my line.

Also, have u messed with the recommended medicine? I read some of the side effects and sex is something I'm not willing to sacrifice for a medicine that's not even guaranteed to work.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
I never really paid much mind to the top of my head. I've noticed my hairline has always been sleeping slanted and uneven. The top corner areas of my hairline look thinner or have less hair than the other areas of my line.

Also, have u messed with the recommended medicine? I read some of the side effects and sex is something I'm not willing to sacrifice for a medicine that's not even guaranteed to work.

It depends on your priorities really. I've had a decent amount of regrowth on finasteride and I'm very pleased with the results. Ive been taking finasteride for some months now and the only sides i had were mild brain fog and increased fatigue. These sides wore off within a few months.

Severity and incidence of finasteride sides are completely overstated and in the vast majority of people who experience sides, they stop on discontinuing meds.

Nothing is guaranteed to work but finasteride retains hair on 90%+ of people and a fair amount get regrowth. The alternatives to finasteride (natural, diet etc) aren't even worth mentioning. They won't do anythjng to slow hairloss

If you're concerned that your hair is getting thinner and you're serious about stopping hairloss you'd be daft not to look into it.

At the very least I'd jump on Nizoral for the time being. Keep a close eye on your hair and keep informed

boriMAC11

Reaction score
It depends on your priorities really. I've had a decent amount of regrowth on finasteride and I'm very pleased with the results. Ive been taking finasteride for some months now and the only sides i had were mild brain fog and increased fatigue. These sides wore off within a few months.

Severity and incidence of finasteride sides are completely overstated and in the vast majority of people who experience sides, they stop on discontinuing meds.

Nothing is guaranteed to work but finasteride retains hair on 90%+ of people and a fair amount get regrowth. The alternatives to finasteride (natural, diet etc) aren't even worth mentioning. They won't do anythjng to slow hairloss

If you're concerned that your hair is getting thinner and you're serious about stopping hairloss you'd be daft not to look into it.

At the very least I'd jump on Nizoral for the time being. Keep a close eye on your hair and keep informed

Appreciate the advice. Say that someone is isn't thinning takes an anti-hairloss medicine - would it be bad for them? Would it actually cause balding?

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On some of the pics your hair looks like your standard NW1, but on a few of them the lighting is kind of harsh and it seems like you have diffuse thinning on the top.

boriMAC11

Reaction score
On some of the pics your hair looks like your standard NW1, but on a few of them the lighting is kind of harsh and it seems like you have diffuse thinning on the top.

So..?? You can't tell or is it diffusing?

And what's a NW1?

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Norwood means norwood scale. It was made to scale the level of hair loss you have. Like take bruce willis for example, he is a NW7.
Its totally diffusion thinning at top. Go to a doctor for full confirmation and get on finasteride. Diffuse thinners don't have much time if they are not on treatments.
NO HOMO but you look pretty good and a good hairline.
Good luck

boriMAC11

Reaction score
Norwood means norwood scale. It was made to scale the level of hair loss you have. Like take bruce willis for example, he is a NW7.
Its totally diffusion thinning at top. Go to a doctor for full confirmation and get on finasteride. Diffuse thinners don't have much time if they are not on treatments.
NO HOMO but you look pretty good and a good hairline.
Good luck

Ha. Thanks.

If im 24, how long before the diffusion turns to a bald spot?

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it won't turn into a bald spot. You'll lose all the hairs eventually on top and become a NW5 if you don't ever treat it. You're still in the early stages so you're unlikely to go bald for a few years. Mine is exactly like yours(maybe a bit worse) and i'm on the meds :)