Am I doing this right?

burning

Reaction score
So I've started using Nizoral 1% shampoo since about the 2nd week of September. In addition, I have also purchased
Pura d'or argan oil shampoo. I have been rotating the two and I wash my hair every other day.

Is it to be expected to lose some hair when starting using these shampoos at first? It seems as though things have
gotten progressively worse, not better, since starting with these. Just touching my head today, I would have 2 or 3 hairs
at a time in my hand.

My worse thinning is my crown. I don't want this to progress anymore than it has.

How often is it recommended to use Nizoral 1%?

I made an appointment to see a dermatologist, because I want to know if what I have is male pattern baldness or some other issue. 2 month ago and even until a
week or so ago, I have had serious issues with a burning sensation on my scalp. In general, my scalp (to me just feels unhealthy), that's why
i wanted to see a dermatologist. However, where I live they are in short supply and so my appointment isn't until next April -- that's a long
time to wait to get a professional opinion on what to do. I don't know if should just go ahead and start minoxidil and buy some proscar
online or wait 5 months. But by that time, I may have only one hair on my head.

Is this a good deal:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E6773JY...UTF8&colid=19GUNSDTL07HO&coliid=IXIX9XHT7QTTK

Finally, I have read so many different articles online of things to use other than the 'big 3' ... everything from emu oil, to other essential oils
like lavendar oil, rosemary oil, stinging nettle leaf oil, saw palmetto extract, jojoba oil, caster oil, the list goes on and on.

Also things like saw palmetto, stinging nettle leaf capsules, silica, tumeric with resveratrol, taking zinc and vitamin A, iron, etc.

Please help!

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope Nizoral doesn't cause shedding. I just started it today (I have been on Finasteride for 2.5 years).

You said you had a burning sensation on your scalp beginning 2 months ago. Was that before you started using Nizoral and Saw Palmetto? Did you have any highly stressful event 3-6 months before the burning sensation started (or an extreme fever or rapid weight loss)? I'm trying to see if perhaps some event in your life set off a telogen effluvium.

I remember when I first started having that kind of painful tenderness of the scalp it was a sign that my hair was going to shed.