am i going bald?

mrcowlick

Reaction score
okay, i'm sure you get this all the time and are probably sick of it but i need some impartial advice. a few of my friends are going bald, undeniably, obviously, "don't need the light to shine on their heads in a particular way to see it" bald.

when one of them first accepted his increasing baldness he said to me "i bet you're receding too" a suggestion i laughed off, since my school days i'd wished my unruly mop was thinner and no-one in my family had ever had hair loss (until their 70s anyway)

anyway they kept on mentioning it and so eventually i pulled my hair back to show them my temples and with fits of glee they announced i was receding too. i still didn't take it too seriously, my hairline had always gone back at the temples for as long as i could remember, it didn't seem any worse to me.

eventually though the comments got to me and i've been paying close attention to my head, i shaved it earlier in the year (number 4) and was pleased to see my hairline was as it was the last time i had done the same thing. then, as it grew back i noticed the hair around a cowlick i have at the front of my head seemed a bit thinner than anywhere else and i got worried again, but finally convinced myself once more that it had always been that way, nobody else mentioned it anyway.

now, as it is growing back, attention has shifted from my cowlick to my crown, which i'm having a hard time telling myself "was always like that" but obviously, having never payed that much attention to it before, i'm not certain.

if i ask my friends, they will undoubtedly say "yes, you're going bald, told you so", when i ask my parents they predictably say "no, thats just your crown", so i've finally decided to ask some impartial observers who know a bit more about the subject than me.

sorry for the long rant, but this is driving me way more mad than i should be letting it.

here's the pic, taken with the top of my head facing a window for maximum lighting, i've no idea if you can even tell from this, but i need to try something;

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 084xe4.jpg

thanks

guru

Reaction score
no ur not. but if you spend too much time on this forum, you will convince yourself that u are. so do urself a favor and get off this site! :youbet:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you are balding for sure, take estrogen injection before its too late!

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Just keep an eye out, the moment somthings up, then get on treatments. For now it looks fine from the pic.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lovemyhair said:
Just keep an eye out, the moment somthings up, then get on treatments. For now it looks fine from the pic.

dude tell him the truth mang,

His hair is really bad, estrogen injection is the only way.

FTank

Reaction score
I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but.............................Estrogen injections are the only thing that can save you now. Seriously though I think you are probably fine. If you really think you are balding than you can see a derm and he should be able to check for miniaturized hair and you could decide what to do from there. But like I said I don't think you are losing your hair. If I was a girl I would want to run my hands all through that.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I repeat Estrogen injection is the only way to save that hair, get on it ASAP!

lock

Reaction score
you are not going bald. the reason your friends tell you that is probably because bald people enjoy seeing others in their same situation (same with the above posters). try to find some friends who are not that pathetic.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lock said:
you are not going bald. the reason your friends tell you that is probably because bald people enjoy seeing others in their same situation (same with the above posters). try to find some friends who are not that pathetic.

dude I am sorry you are too stupid to realize it was a joke towards him because he was obviously stressing over nothing.

I am glad you can be one of his not that pathetic friends online. :)