Am I naive?

Deaner

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little naive here, but I'm kinda thinking that when I get a haircut, sh*t's gonna look twice as thick as it does now. I mean, I have some long long hair right now, a good 7 inches or so, which is alotta length for regrowth to catch up to. I'm betting on the fact that I'll notice even more regrowth once I chop the mop to a nice 1-2 inches, because the length of the regrowth will match the previous hair, and things'll look nice and even. Correct me if I'm being too naive about this whole thing though, or is there anybody who noticed the same thing? They thought they were getting regrowth before they got a haircut, and then KNEW IT afterwards.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not gonna comment on that question since I don't know - but man, that's a wierd question! How on earth is anyone going to be able to answer that??? Somebody can reply and say: "Well, I just had my hair cut and it looks alot thicker!" but what is that going to tell you?? Nothing!

I'm sure your hair will look thicker since hair always look thicker when it's short - to the questions regarding your growth of hair?! maybe? Yes? No? only you will know.......

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes it will. i was in a similar boat about 1.5 months ago, my hair was about three inches long and i had it cut to 1.5, looked much better. those half hairs were nice and even... now i have the same problem again... i'm gonna let it grow out some more so i can have a more drastic effect.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just to it main!!!

My hair is much longer right now too, im going to wait another 2 weeks for a haircut and post my 12 month pictures....

ta ta ta

Paki

Reaction score
I would have to agree that shorter hair does help by producing a thicker head of hair look....in my opinion. The only problem is, I don't want to be stuck with short hair forever, i want it to grow out and look good.....oh well, i need to be happy with what i have :)

Deaner

Reaction score
Well I'm thinking if I get it cut a time or two, and then let it grow out, all the regrowth will now be the same length as the original hairs, so I'll have a thicker looking head of hair even when it's this length.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
If u keep ur hair short u won't have to debate with how ur hair is gonna look

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
Weird, I was just thinking the same thing today...my hair is like 3 or 4 inches and really curly right now. I usually get it cut once a month down to an inch or so. I haven't gotten it cut in about 2 months and lately my hair has been looking a lot thicker than it did when i was cutting it shorter. I dont know if I was just shedding then or what but now im kind of afraid to get it cut. Maybe it looks less diffuse because it is longer, dunno. I'll prolly have to get it cut before 3 months anyway.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
This isn't quite the same thing but it's got me totally confused. My hair is normally about 6 inches long. Lately I've been very upset because my right temple is definitely starting to thin/recede. You usually had to look under bight light, but it was distinctly higher/thinner than the left side. A few days ago, I got a haircut, a trim, really. Only about an inch off. Now, for some odd reason, it is much harder to see the thinning on that temple, no matter how much I push it around. It holds together much more firmly. I can't think of any logical reason for this, especially since it doesn't make my top look any different. (Well, maybe microscopically worse, since the decreased length makes it all stick up a little more).

Any ideas on that?

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess this differs quite a lot between different people. This past summer I had my hair at shoulder length; and my thinning was really hard to notice. Then I decided to shave it, and when I tried to grow it out again some weeks later, it was about as bad as it is in my pictures at the "Tell your story"-section now.

Probably it was mostly as thin back then (august), but the length of it and my hairstyles made a very good job at hiding how serious the situation was. If I hadn't shaved it by then, I probably wouldn't be on Finasteride and Nizoral by now. I just hope I can maintain this until I can afford to add Minoxidil to my regimen, which should happen later this year.

At the moment being, I only have short stubble - and as my hairline is still quite intact, it makes me much more comfortable under bright lights as I don't have to worry about my scalp shining through (yay, what a wonderful paradox :p).

I think everyone have to find out for themselves what does the best job at hiding their thinning. For some people, it is short or shaved hair. For others it may be insane haircuts, drawing the attention from the actual thickness of the hair. And for some, just the ordinary 'long hair' seems to hide it pretty well.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
My hair always looks better when I get it cut. Cutting your hair short with when you have male pattern baldness is always a good idea, IMO. I look forward to getting haircuts now!

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cut it short.