Am I stupid for not using Propecia right now?

Prince Vegeta

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm 19 1/2 and I have pretty aggressive hair loss...As you will see I still have some hair but it probably will be all gone soon...I didn't notice anything until I already was at NW2 (around 16-17) and then I tried minoxidil for 6 months but it didn't do anything for me. I tried to convince myself by looking at my family ( father: Norwood NW3 at 48, maternal grandfather NW2 at 75, only my father's brother was NW4 at 35) but I know in the back of my mind that I'm going bald...

Here are pics from the frontand the side (both times the worse right side) at 17 1/2 and 19 1/2 (right now):

-(Unfortunately, all pics were taken with my Ipod touch so they aren't the best quality)

-The lighting is daylight coming from the left (17 years old)

-The lighting is a lamp on the ceiling (19 years old)

-Note that I used hair gel to uncover my hairline in the pictures at 19 years old and the frontal one at 17

-The newer pics were taken more closely to my head

Thanks for replies

Attachments

• front17.jpg
    front17.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 324
  • side17.jpg
    side17.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 278
  • front19.jpg
    front19.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 306
  • side19.jpg
    side19.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 277

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Definetly a NW2 and a fairly recessed one at that. Just look at my avatar image, btw I respect the DBZ.
You know DBZ actually made me really conflicted and angry at knowing my hair was going when seeing the SSJ transformations. Just edging me to start using propecia.

I'm pretty certain you know the Side effects from Propecia and that's why you're hesitant, so I won't bore you telling you them because it's been said a million times. I would just look at yourself in the mirror and think what would I look like bald and then think how much do I value my hair?
You can always look like Tien.
dragon-20ball-20z-20tien-204.jpg

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, and I would even consider dutasteride

Prince Vegeta

Reaction score
Definetly a NW2 and a fairly recessed one at that. Just look at my avatar image, btw I respect the DBZ.
You know DBZ actually made me really conflicted and angry at knowing my hair was going when seeing the SSJ transformations. Just edging me to start using propecia.

I'm pretty certain you know the Side effects from Propecia and that's why you're hesitant, so I won't bore you telling you them because it's been said a million times. I would just look at yourself in the mirror and think what would I look like bald and then think how much do I value my hair?
You can always look like Tien.
View attachment 27636

Do I also get his third eye then? :)

I think I'm rather NW3 or not? Concerning Propecia, I'm not sure about going to the doctor to get Propecia cuz it might be difficult to get it (I don't think they know about treatment against hair loss)

What do you think about progression...You think I'll be NW4 soon? (Back of my head is intact at the moment)

- - - Updated - - -

yes, and I would even consider dutasteride

Really? Isn't duta a little risky, people are even cautious with finasteride...

How would you describe the aggressiveness of my hair loss?
You think that it will progress quickly?

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Really? Isn't duta a little risky, people are even cautious with finasteride...

How would you describe the aggressiveness of my hair loss?
You think that it will progress quickly?
It's just that you've started balding at a young age, meaning you either have high DHT or follicles very sensitive to DHT. Finasteride may be enough and I suggest you try it first for a year, and if it isn't, consider dutasteride as zzzzz suggested.

About the aggressiveness of your hair loss, it's hard to say. Right now your hair doesn't look bad, but basically, the younger hair loss starts, the worse it gets in the future.

Prince Vegeta

Reaction score
It's just that you've started balding at a young age, meaning you either have high DHT or follicles very sensitive to DHT. Finasteride may be enough and I suggest you try it first for a year, and if it isn't, consider dutasteride as zzzzz suggested.

About the aggressiveness of your hair loss, it's hard to say. Right now your hair doesn't look bad, but basically, the younger hair loss starts, the worse it gets in the future.

Does it make a difference if you have high DHT or sensitive follicles? Does the DHT level decline while aging?

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
You are not the only moron at least. I'm far worse than that and I am starting next week. You should keep us posted man, I'm sure I will.

Prince Vegeta

Reaction score
You are not the only moron at least. I'm far worse than that and I am starting next week. You should keep us posted man, I'm sure I will.

I'll post some updates from time to time...Which regimen?

- - - Updated - - -

"Aging-induced testosterone decline is associated with the overactivity of an enzyme called 5-alpha reductase, which converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This process simultaneously decreases the amount of testosterone in men, putting them at risk for prostate enlargement, androgenic alopecia (hair loss) and cancer."

source:http://www.mercola.com/testosterone.aspx

So it's only getting worse...

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Does it make a difference if you have high DHT or sensitive follicles? Does the DHT level decline while aging?
The only difference is you may have less chance of side effects with finasteride or dutasteride if you have high DHT because these drugs will lower it to a more normal level. But a low DHT before treatment doesn't necessarily mean side effects, zzzzz apparently had low DHT before treatment with dutasteride and has had no sides with it.

DHT levels tend to increase with age whereas T levels decrease with age.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride only, I'll see how it goes on the sides and such and then toss minoxidil and nizoral into the mix.