Am I the only one that doesn't shed?

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am almost 29, and been losing my hair slowly for the last 3-4 years. I would say i'm a NW2.5 or so right now, just starting on finasteride.

I've read hundreds of threads of people that experience an insane amount of shedding, like 100+ in the shower after shampooing, and a pillow covered in hair. I am curious as to why some people shed so much and others don't? Throughout my male pattern baldness progression, I have never experienced increased shedding. The male pattern baldness sort of snuck up on me until my girlfriend told me i'm getting a thin crown, but I never really had any warning signs and no reason to look at the top of my head.

Are any of you like me and not experienced any shedding? Does this mean the balding is much less aggressive, or just a different type? Mine is pretty much only temples and crown, with very slight diffuse throughout.

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about this too.

Like yourself, I don't 'shed'. I never seem to lose more than 1 or 2 hairs in the shower and there's never much more than that on my pillow.

I've never even had the dreaded 'minoxidil shed'.

However, I do know that male pattern baldness isn't about how many hairs fall out, it's about hairs getting thinner and thinner until they disappear.

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
same here,
been on finasteride 8 months and the most amount of hair i shed is 4-5,
maybe 8-10 in the shower, does this mean we are not responding to finasteride?