Amare's story

Amare

Reaction score
So it has begun. I had a female hairdresser for 5 year telling me every month that I won't go bald because my hair is so dense. 6 months ago I first noticed I'm going bald on temples only. Here are some pics, I hope they are alright.

Here is my optimistic question: could it be stress related and could it go away by itself? For the past year my life has been very stressful, but it is getting better and better slowly.

Back to reality: My father at age 49 is only level 3 almost, I was told by my mom that he had as much hair as I my age and he slowly progressed to the level he is now and that I am not going bald at all, but that's just my mom speaking, she will see a Brad Pitt in me till the rest of her life.

If I go bald as slowly as my dad, I don't have a problem with that and there would be no need for any cure for me. I just don't want to go bald in near future because my head is too big for my body and if I shave my head, I will really look like ET alien. That would come handy on Halloween, but not all year long . :alien:

What do you suggest? Should I visit doctor or buy any cure or treatment? Thanks!

Attachments

• bald-3.jpg
    bald-3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 168
  • bald-1.jpg
    bald-1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 196
  • bald-2.jpg
    bald-2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 173

Reaction score
Re: 25y newbie

yea that's classic male pattern baldness right there with the thinning out at the temples and around the hairline...I know it f*****g sucks and its easy to try and blame it on stress or whatever, but it's really just a waste of time.

there's no way of predicting how fast your hairloss will progress but if i were you i'd get on finasteride (propecia or proscar) and minoxidil (rogaine) right away to maintain and maybe even regrow some. My hairline has been thinning out like yours for a couple of years and I've been keeping it at bay until now with meds!

Good luck bro!

antman

Established Member
Reaction score

i recommend oral finasteride and shampoo Ketoconazole. u still have a lot of hair so its probably better to hold off using topical minoxidil for now. better to treat it sooner than later. if you are worried about hair loss now, chances are you'll always be worried about it.

Amare

Reaction score

Thanks for replies. My girlfriend now says she has enough of my whining about my baldness and she told me my temples were always like that. She found a picture of me 5 years ago at age 20, where condition looks the same as today.

I always had short hair, but now I have a bit longer and this areas look more bald than before maybe because of that.

So, this is a pic from 5 years ago, are your suggestions the same? I started to work out in fitness some time ago, I'll be willing to shave my head in one year from now because I will be a muscular mofo and a total badass.

Attachments

• bald12242433.jpg
    bald12242433.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 154
T

TravisB

If so, then you are not balding, and it's just your natural hairline.

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont be fooled by male pattern baldness, 5 years ago you were not thinning now you do, i would say jump on the big tree