Amazing hair transplant video

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.vimeo.com/1625232

Thats an amazing video of a hair transplant result. I always read hair transplants being thin density. This approach of videoing the shampooing and haircut gives excellent feel of the hair transplant.
I think everyone should see this and ask all hair transplant doctors to post results in similar way.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why is Stephen Hawkin narrating the video? :woot:

The video quality is quite poor compared to others I have seen, but from what I can see his result looks very good.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
Why is Stephen Hawkin narrating the video? :woot:

:) I wondered the same. But overall, I found this video very realistic and eyeopening. Have you seen similar video from any one else. I havent. The shampooing and washing of hair and the haircut after that has never been replicated as far as I know.
Of course, the result is great. I agree.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is a video of jotronic washing his hair in the shower, drying and styling, I think its on H&W's site.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are so effin cruel. That's not a robot talking. It's a vocal condition that people are born with called Robophonitis. My 2 year old niece has it and I cringe at the thought of how her life is going to be affected in the next few years until we raise awareness about this affliction. The only upside is that all people affected with this have printer perfect handwriting. But it's sad. When she cries it sounds like a fax machine is receiving data. You all disgust me with your jokery.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:)

[youtube:i79htjjr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhexf_uaDV0&feature=related[/youtube:i79htjjr]

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I wish I had sunil's level of hairloss so my chances of getting good coverage from an hair transplant would be realistic. It is so hard for an nw6 to get to that level from a transplant without resorting to bht, which is still risky. It sucks that there is no hope for nw6s.

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
It is so hard for an nw6 to get to that level from a transplant without resorting to bht, which is still risky. It sucks that there is no hope for nw6s.
I would'nt say that, its a longer and more difficult process but look at Jotronic and London lad for example. If you've got the hair characteristics, and go to a world class Doctor it is definatley possible to get back to NW2. And most NW6's would prefer a thinnish NW2 (or even 3) to a bald head.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I would'nt say that, its a longer and more difficult process but look at Jotronic and London lad for example. If you've got the hair characteristics, and go to a world class Doctor it is definatley possible to get back to NW2. And most NW6's would prefer a thinnish NW2 (or even 3) to a bald head.

You may be right. With correct hair characteristics, small skull and world class doctor, it may be possible to go from NW6 to Norwood 3 by just stripping the scalp donor.
But I would rather the journey back on the norwood scale be without a telltale smiley scar on the back of my head.

With FUSE and bht, more donor hair becomes available and theres no strip scar as a bonus. I'd prefer the non strip route anyday.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
"uncomfortable man" said:
It is so hard for an nw6 to get to that level from a transplant without resorting to bht, which is still risky. It sucks that there is no hope for nw6s.

They were freakishly good candidates. Not typical NW6's at all.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Norsk said:

Yes, you are right. Jotronic is among the rare best candidates and he got how many, 4 strips. And his hairline still looks way too receded to me. So many strips and still a Norwood 3! Not a good approach. :thumbdown2:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Devender said:
Norsk said:

Yes, you are right. Jotronic is among the rare best candidates and he got how many, 4 strips. And his hairline still looks way too receded to me. So many strips and still a Norwood 3! Not a good approach. :thumbdown2:

Not really firstly Jontronic is not a NW3 (Jude Law is a NW3!!) he's a 2 and he's had 3 strips not 4, but this is 5/6 few years ago, now H&W would easily be able to do it in 2 strips.

And Jotronic does not have that great hair characteristics, he's got the scalp laxity but his hair quality is very poor for hair transplant purposes in his initial consultation his hair was rated only 3 / 10 because it is of such a thin (shaft) calibre and not even good donor area density.
Remember that he was also a repair patient after having previous botched surgeries.
You've got to admit that no matter how much of a hassle its been for him its still a miraculous transformation and a million miles better than his previous situation.

FUE and abit of BHT are still an option after having strips but the difference in cost (and time) is massive.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, I don't know a lot about the details of Jotronic's hair characteristics. I suppose the great laxity more than outweighs the other stuff you mentioned. Except for Jotronic, Bobman, Londonlad and a few others all the NW6 transplants I've seen seem to end up with the "Friar Tuck" look. (OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but as long as you have a balding crown you look balding to me. I'd rather look like Jude Law with a bad hairline and strong crown, which probably isn't feasible since the crown is a "black hole" for grafts.)

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Devender said:
Not really firstly Jontronic is not a NW3 (Jude Law is a NW3!!) he's a 2 and he's had 3 strips not 4, but this is 5/6 few years ago, now H&W would easily be able to do it in 2 strips.

And Jotronic does not have that great hair characteristics, he's got the scalp laxity but his hair quality is very poor for hair transplant purposes in his initial consultation his hair was rated only 3 / 10 because it is of such a thin (shaft) calibre and not even good donor area density.
Remember that he was also a repair patient after having previous botched surgeries.
You've got to admit that no matter how much of a hassle its been for him its still a miraculous transformation and a million miles better than his previous situation.

FUE and abit of BHT are still an option after having strips but the difference in cost (and time) is massive.

Jotronic may be a lucky exception. What if he lost anymore hair? Became a Norwood 7 or the sides receded?
A true Norwood 6 has lost 20,000 to 25,000 grafts. One will need 10,000 to 12,500 grafts to merely reach the 50% mark.
I dont think strip will ever be able to acheive such figures. Plus, it will leave many with strange looking, incomplete hair transplants if hairloss progresses and ear to ear scars in back of their heads.

FUSE and bht has to be a conscious prior decision. Not a default decision after getting oneself stripped.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Devender said:
A true Norwood 6 has lost 20,000 to 25,000 grafts. One will need 10,000 to 12,500 grafts to merely reach the 50% mark.
I dont think strip will ever be able to acheive such figures. Plus, it will leave many with strange looking, incomplete hair transplants if hairloss progresses and ear to ear scars in back of their heads.

FUSE and bht has to be a conscious prior decision. Not a default decision after getting oneself stripped.

I agree with you. Strip clinics will never want people to know these facts. They'll keep repeating that the patient needs to have reasonable expectations, when the truth is that they need to go out and learn fue and bht to be able to give their patients what they truly want and deserve. A full transformation.