Amber H's Story - (My 4 year old's hair loss)

Amber H

Reaction score
My son fell about 5 months ago and cut his head and had three stitches. He wasn't overly traumatized by it. After this, I notices slight hair loss. This hair loss has continued since. It's not noticeable to others, but as the mother, I notice the hair falling out. It's not a whole lot but more than normal. He is a very healthy boy and always has been, with no symptoms of anything adverse. He does still have cradle cap from when he was a baby, that I'm treating with tea-tree cream. Do you have any advice as to what could be causing this hair loss? Like I said, it's not severe, but it's been going on for a while now. Thanks for any advice you have.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: My four year old's hair loss

Hi

Good news is your son will be fine. Its most likely just shock loss from the knock to the head. At most it will be 6months until the hair will be normal again and in its usual cycles. Dont worry about it. If it continues after this call a dermatologist.

Bangs to the head can have effects on the hair. I once banged my head off a road curb during a fight with another child and the part of my head that i banged came up in a large lump as normal buit the hair there turned grey!lol. A few years later it went away.

good luck