AMD Lab USA

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
www.amdlabusa.com

Who has heard of these guys? They apparently are the people who worked on Tom Brady's hair, and his hair looks great, so I'm considering giving them a call. Anyone have experience with them???

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yep, looks like like a load of bollocks.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, appears to be a scam.

I gave them a call just to get a feel for them, and the woman asked how I heard of them, and I said in regards to Tom Brady's hair (which is true, apparently that's where he goes), and I asked if it was true that he goes there, and she laughed and said "No comment". Found that interesting.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Either way, don't sound to good Ed

DK11219

Reaction score
WHY WAS MY POST TAKEN OFF?
WHY, BECAUSE I EXPERIENCED THE SCAM THAT IS AMDLABUSA FIRST HAND?
OK I AM REPOSTING BELOW...

DK11219

Reaction score
AMDLABUSA is a total scam! I fell for their ad in a Russian newspaper.

I started losing my hair about a year and a half ago. I experienced diffused thinning. Even my sideburns were getting progressively thinner.
I need a solution, and I need one fast.

My mother found an ad for this company and I went for a consultation in Dec. '08.

Trichologist Mr. V.R. told me that the cause for my hair loss was Sebborheic Dermatitis, or dandruff. I had never before heard of dandruff causing hair loss. He said this was causing miniturization. He took a few pieces of my hair and put them under a microscope, and indeed they were miniturizing. I could easily lose several hairs every time I touched my head.

He tells me he could help me rid myself of Sebborheic Dermatitis and grow my hair back. I showed him a picture of my driver's license from right before my hair loss started. I asked, "Is my hair going to be this thick and full?"
He replied, "Yes, it's going to go back to how it was."

He puts me on a shampoo regime. Total cost $3000.
Plus, every time I would go in for follow ups, he would sell me additional shampoos, each one costing circa $25. I would come to the office twice a week and have his assistants apply some special formula on my head, let it sink in, and then do scalp exercise for several minutes.
The days I didn't come into the office, I would do this from home, myself.
And of course, I would apply all these shampoos (pre-shampoo, shampoo, conditioner, etc.) every night.

A few weeks in, I didn't notice anything GOOD. I noticed that my hairloss was progressing. Yes, it is true that I had dandruff...as many do when they first develop male pattern baldness. I was 22 and couldn't bare the TRUTH, so I let some snake oil salemen sell me a lie.
I paid $1500 up front, plus the cost of additional shampoos.

I noticed my hair kept falling out. Mr. V.R. told me it was all in my head. He tried to tell me I had OCD and was completely obsessed.
At around a month, I asked him, "When will I finally see results? When will it grow back?"
I couldn't even spike my hair anymore!!!! I stopped putting gel in my hair altogether!
He told me that I should be more concerned with halting the hair loss first and appreciating what I still had. He said that growth, IF ANY, would occur at the 6 months mark.

WAIT A MINUTE? WHAT DO YOU MEAN "IF ANY"????

What about my license picture?

"Oh I never said that your hair would grow back to that extent"!!!

Two months in, I quit!!!

You know, I really tried to have faith in people my entire life.

But AMDLABUSA = Snake Oil Salesmen!

I want everyone to beware of them, for your own sake!

Don't waste your money, and most importantly, don't waste your time and get your hopes up thinking a shady company in Manhattan invented the cure to baldness. I was naive. I have since learned.

STAY CLEAR OF THEM!

P.S. Very nasty secretary/assistants. They may not have known that I am fluent in Russian ;)

Good riddance, AMD LAB USA!

DK11219

Reaction score
I might add that Dr. Klein's Promox is another scam!

Been there, done that.

Don't waste your time.