American crew, trico or folligen

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
So, I just ordered some american crew spray and serum.
But will the spray be any effective?
I think HairLossTalk.com said that you have to use the serum for male pattern baldness.
Does that mean that trico spray and folligen spray are inneffective?
Thinking about mixing the serum and spray together

hopewas

Reaction score
american crew isn't going to do sh*t for male pattern baldness. i tried it. the spray is a joke also

Cassin

Reaction score
Hopewas is correct that American Crew doesn't work well as a growth stimulant or thickening the hair shaft. It is way to weak for that.

Though it is a Copper-Peptide like Folligen.

BUT I use Folligen and I am now using the American Crew Spray. The only thing American Crew is good for is irritation. The good thing is that you can use it on Workdays or before you go out since it is a clear formula. As opposed to Folligen which is very green and makes you homebound. There is no doubt it is helpful to irritation, but not near as much as Folligen.

The shampoo just smells good, that is all.

Hopewas, were you using the revitalize stuff or the Serum?

EDIT:

A healthy scalp enviroment is needed for male pattern baldness. My scalp is so sensitive I can't use Nizoral or T/GEL. So I must use Copper-Peptides. For people like me, Copper-Peptides is almost as important as finasteride or minoxidil.

hopewas

Reaction score
my x was a hairdresser and got me the sample of it with everything. i tried it. it does smell nice but doesn't do anything. the spray made my hair look really thin

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
If Im not mistaken the spray is basically the same as the tricomin spray with saw p and grean tea.
Personally I think that they market folligen and trico as "scalphealers" because they legally cant market it otherwise.
In the trico study it showed results comparable to minox2% wich many men effectively use alone to treat male pattern baldness.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopewas is correct that American Crew doesn't work well as a growth stimulant or thickening the hair shaft. It is way to weak for that

American Crew Cu-peptide solution is an excellent growth stimulator, and will double the rate of hair growth. American Crew has said that the Cu peptide conc. is comparable to that of Tricomin. None of the Cu peptide products are going to grow hair like 5% minoxidil, but they have other properties that are just as important to treating male pattern baldness.

Tricomin, folligen and American Crew work about the same:

1) increase rate of hair growth

2) best for inflammation-major part of male pattern baldness mechanism

3) works as well as 2% for increasing hair count and diameter

4) powerful anti-oxidant, protects the follicle from aging

5) brings optimal health to scalp tissues so hair follicles can thrive

6) may inhibit dht to some extent (according to Dr. Pickart who invented tricomin)

Obviously, Cu peptides need to be used with a proven 5ar inhibitor or androgen receptor blocker or both in order to fully treat male pattern baldness. I also use minoxidil 5% 1ml/day.

the spray made my hair look really thin

i thought the shampoo dried out my hair somewhat, but not the revitalizing spray. I use a hydrating shampoo and rinse with cold water if I'm going out.

Cassin

Reaction score
JesusFreak

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge believer in Copper-Peptides. I am specifically speaking of American Crews version. How do we know how strong the Procyte formula is that was put into the American Crew version of it? I doubt it is as strong as Tri version. That is my point.

It does indeed tingle a bit, but I can't "Feel it" on my scalp like I can Folligen. It just feels to weak. My irritation starts ceaping back fast if I go to long using American Crew's spray. I can go maybe 5 days without using Folligen before my scalp goes to hell. If I use American Crew I can maybe extend that to 10 days or so. That in itself proves to me how much weaker it is. It's still a funcional product, and I recommend it for those that have irritation. IMO, I just think those that have severe irritation need to use it along with Folligen to escape having a green scalp as often.

I used that shampoo again this morning, wow does it make my hair look bad. Such a shame, that stuff smells so good.

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that the "serum" should be pretty strong, it supposed to be used at problem areas.
Actually I think that trico spray and the crew spray are propably the same stuff except that they put saw p, grean tea and nitric acid in the stuff.
I wouldnt buy it separetly but as long as they put the crap in it, it wont hurt, maybe ewen help a bit.
The crew bottle even looks the same as the trico bottle but with a different colour.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a terrible scalp inflammation and itching problem, and the Crew Revitalzing spray completely eliminates this condition. I also believe the conc. are the same for tricomin and crew. The concentrated crew serum is very concentrated, maybe the most concentrated available. Honestly, I get the Crew because wont turn my blonde tips green and i can buy it for $15 for a 6oz bottle.

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
To obtain the 2% effect you propably need to use it 2 times per day like they did in the trials.
One thing that bothers me is that the trico version isnt the same as they used in the trials, propably a little weaker but the "serum" should do the trick.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, i like your idea of mixing it all together, the revitalizing spray and the serum.

I only use the crew revitalizing spray 1X/day and it causes my hair to grow like crazy. I'm not really convinced that these high concentrations are doing that much more. At some point the biological pathway may become saturated. I havent seen much on dose dependency, although they are probably out there.