Aminexil Sp94???

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've heard it's expensive and lacking in proven results

CCS

Reaction score
It is made by Loreal. Supposed to have done some lab research to come up with it. It is a minoxidil like compound, supposedly better for maintainance than regrowth. But only tested by the company that sells it. The sp94 means they added some extra stuff to the mixture. I've known about it for years, but never felt like plopping down the the money for something unproven. If I had the choice between minoxidil 5% and minoxidil 4% combined with 1% Aminexil, for a reasonable price, I'd give the combo a try. But I'm sure it will stay expensive.

IBM

Reaction score
A friend of mine was using it. He said that it gave him good maintainance.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.sochiderm.cl/prontus_sochiderm/site/artic/20080331/pags/20080331123632.html

the above link has the complete study and pdf.

found this placebo-control, 48 female patient study with Andro alopecia done in Chile. The study was published in the "Chilean dermatology journal" in 2007.

Resumen
Title:
Experiencia Clínica: Análisis Cuantitativo del Cambio de Videotricograma en Pacientes Chilenas con Alopecia Androgenética
en Respuesta a la Utilización de una Formulación a Base de Aminexil SP94®.

Robinson Guerrero A,1 Rodrigo Loubies M,2
Silvia Baeza A,3 María Elena Ã￾lvarez M.4
1 Docente, Universidad de los Andes
2 Dermatólogo, Clínica Orlandi, Universidad Diego Portales
3 Químico Farmacéutico, Vichy Laboratoires
4 Lic. Químico Farmacéutico, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile

Summary
During twelve weeks, an open and prospective clinical study was performed in order to analyze the effect of a formulation using Aminexil SP94® in 48 patients with clinically diagnosed androgeneticalopecia. We evaluated effects during the telogen and anagen phase with video trichogram, and hair density, sebumetry and pericapillary halo were measured as well. There was a significantimprovement in each of the parameters studied. Adverse effects were limited to mild itching in 4% of the patients. The efficacy and safety of the formulation in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia was confirmed.

Key words: Hair loss, video trichogram, sebumetry, androgenetic
alopecia.

Petchsky

Reaction score
"Aminexil®helps fight against the rigidification of collagen to preserve the suppleness and elasticity of the tissues that surround the root. Captured by the root, the SP94?is transformed into the hair's constructive elements to build a fibre which is thick, dense and strong from within."

Sounds alot like copper peptides

Confidance

Reaction score
I'm using it for 3 + months now.
Half of ampule per day from crown to front (not sides)
About nw2.5 :badmood: , standard genetic baldness (temples and crown ), but since i'm blonde/brownish and curly it's not so noticable when i style it.

Also i'm using Oronazol (2% keto) (every second day) and some generic shampoo (vs hair loss ).
Taking Inneov pils also ( suplement pills .. 'for stronger hair and vs hairloss' zinc, taurine, katehine )
I'm planing also to include a shampoo dercos from vichy today (instead of that generic shampoo )

I don't think i regrew anything, but my hair seems thicker... time will tell.
Also i've noticed alot less sheding (about 70 / 100 ish hairs ) per day.
Before a lot more, dunno exact number.. but alot more.