thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
its been 4.5 - 5 months on minoxidil 1xday
2yrs on finasteride
year on nizoral and nano
2 years on multi's
8 months on spironolactone 5% hairline

i have been goin through a HUGE shed , my hair loss has probably tripled in the last month

and you can see a difference, i look so close to being bald its rediculous

the thing is, the hairs that i am losing, some are short and thin and some are longer but still thin at the bottom, NONE ARE THICK

i think that the shorter hairs that fall out are short because minoxidil has been killing then since they started to grow in,
i think minoxidil is definately suffocating my follicle and destroyin my hair
also, my right side is thinning all the way back to my vertex

question has anyone gone through a HUGE SHED at this time in their treatment

its getting sooooooo bad

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
After looking at your regimen I almost hate to suggest another treatment, but you probably need to think about adding a cu-peptide. IMO, a regimen that neglects to confront cellular inflammation is severely lacking. If nothing else it will completely get rid of the itching and probably right after the first application.

Three levels of male pattern baldness that should be treated:

DHT: finasteride and/or spironolactone

Growth Stimulator: minoxidil and/or cu-peptide

Inflammation: Both Cu-peptide and Nizoral Shampoo

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It looks like you have recently added minoxidil to your regime. Maybe that has something to do with it, if prior to this huge shed things were going fine. Just a thought.......

T

viperfish

Reaction score
I would also switch to the 2% spironolactone. It seems many associate more shedding with the 5% than the 2%. It help.......just a thought.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man, i know how it feels. it might be a minoxidil shed. i've been on the big 3 for over 18 months, and still losing hair fast. with toppik you can't notice, but SOON i will have to shave my head to a zero until something comes up. i have even been using xandrox 15% for the past 7 months with no luck. i'm going on dutasteride. as a last option. ordered some generic dr reed. you might want to consider it too.