An alternative treatment

Boulboul

Reaction score
Hi im a 28 yo guy with the folowing genetics father side all bald with very rare exception mother side all nw0 without exception my hair has always looked great until about 2 years ago when I started to notice some recession in the right side it was during that time that I was diagnosed with heart failure and had an open heart surgery anyway the last 2 years were so stressful and I think one of the effects was my hair taking the fast road on what should have been a very slow receding process now I stand here as I will show in pics ... in the summer I tried generic indian finasteride and was taking it one pill every other day I didnt notice much improvement and the sides were a faster than usual hearteat when I was on it so I stopped it one day when I had a near fainting episode . Now I want to start a new treatment and I was considering something like vichy neogenic or vichy aminexil pro what do u think can it work in my case ?

Attachments

• 20151203_092424.jpg
    20151203_092424.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 278
  • 20151128_220204.jpg
    20151128_220204.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 299

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks quite fine actually but since everyone is bald on your fathers side you may start now already with your treatment. finasteride may not show effects with growth but I believe that will keep your hair form falling out further.

Vichy neogenic does not have much an effect as finasteride has. In addition, it is more expensive as well. Perhaps someone has some better experience with it but I would not recommend it.

DrDog

Reaction score
You're perfect for finasteride. finasteride will increase the longevity of your hair for at least another 5 years, and even add some regrowth. After that you can add all sorts of other treatments.

I envy you friend. 28 and still a head full of hair.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
baldness have distroyed my confidense :(
I feel ya totally, ive always had fine hair but all of it until about 2 years ago im 34 now. Still have most of my hair but my temples are thinning now and im always worried and depressed over it. Im slowly accepting it and trying to be gratefull i have most of it still, but it really really sucks bad!

Boulboul

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies anyway do u think taking half a pill of finasteride is enough for my case to start with ? It should have some effect right ? And whats ur experience on generic indian finasteride can it be the reason I had heart related issues and I should shift to propecia the real thing ?

daredevil14

Established Member
Reaction score
Boulboul, half a pill (0.5 mg) is 80% as effective as a 1 mg pill, so yes. By the way, if you're willing to start finasteride again, go get Proscar (the new price is only LBP 16000 ~ around $ 10 for outsiders), so it's really cheap.

Boulboul

Reaction score
Really ? But isnt there propecia in lebanon I mean proscar should be cut so many times if I want to take half a pill propecia would be better

daredevil14

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes there is, Propecia is around LBP 60000 and it will only last for 1 month so that would be 2 months if cut in a half. Proscar lasts for 4 months in my case! (w it's much cheaper), I cut my proscar into 5 pills, once each 5 days so 3adiii

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't see hair loss. Is there diffusion?

i guess if you're super concerned you can continue finasteride and nizoral its up to you. I would be quite happy with your hair at 28.