an old thought to stop male pattern baldness

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i know the whole idea of innflamation causing male pattern baldness... but do you guys think that if we completely stop innflamation in our scalp that it wouldn't matter if the dht binded? theoretically, if there was a cream or lotion that would abolish ALL innflamation in our scalp, do you guys think we would still lose hair/miniturize??? thanks

viperfish

Reaction score
I have often thought about this myself and again this reinforces the idea of using cu peptides or cold beam laser therapy for hairloss. It would seem that if the inflammation process were stopped hairloss would essentially stop. I think people get confused and simply blame dht for hairloss when in fact it is the inflammation process that occurs following the attachment of dht to the follicle receptor site. I think early on if the inflammation were controlled or stopped this would be vital for maintaining your hair. The longer you wait the less the effect of controlling inflammation. This is why everyone should include cu peptides in their regimen.

G

if that were the case then they could use an anti-inflamatory (ibprufen) drug to decrease inflamation, and halt hair loss... oh i wish

viperfish

Reaction score
bartman654 said:
if that were the case then they could use an anti-inflamatory (ibprufen) drug to decrease inflamation, and halt hair loss... oh i wish

That would be great. Not quite though. Read up on emu oil.

viperfish

Reaction score
Again this goes back to the point that the inflammation has to be hit early enough and hard.

Lets say you take a guy who has been suffering with low grade inflammation for 10 years at the follicle level,has not known it, and has gradually been thinning over that time. During this time alot of scar tissue has accumulated and the dermal layers of the skin have thickened (fibrosis) having a negative impact on the hair (essentially choking the hair). The guy begins to use cu peptides and the inflammation is slowed or even stopped. The process may even begin to reverse with time (cu peptides have been shown to reverse some of the damage caused by inflammation). However, cu peptides will not totally reverse all the damage that has been caused during those years. Hence, this man will have little or no success using them. Although, still should use them to prevent future inflammation.

Now take a guy that has had inflammation,caused by dht, for a period of 1 year. The chances of cu peptides stopping the inflammation and reversing the damage that has been caused by dht is much much greater. This could hence stop or incredibly slow down the process of male pattern baldness.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anyone else have any thoughts..? i know there are for and against arguments for this theory. can we get some discussions going?

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I personally think think yeah if you can control inflammation you have won half the battle, definitely.

I use a copper serum (AC) and aloe vera lotion every night and also take
2 tablespoons of organic Hemp oil/day as well as using Nizoral, obviously.

I have posted an interesting article on the benefits Hemp oil has on hair in the experimental section if anyone is interested.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Found this old study from http://www.hairloss-research.org/february2.html

DIET, INFLAMMATION, AND HAIR LOSS

Several studies have shown a link between diet and hair loss. In short, diets that predispose to inflammation are much more likely to be associated with hair loss than healthier diets, with an abundance of omega-3 fatty acids and phytonutrients. In addition to toxic cytokines, there are other inflammatory pathways that can be mediated via diet modification. A common problem involves over-production of pro-inflammatory hormone-like “messengersâ€￾ (such as prostaglandin) E2) and under-production of anti-inflammatory “messengersâ€￾ (such as prostaglandin E1 and E3). The good news is that omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oils help to suppress the formation of undesirable prostaglandin E2 and promote synthesis of beneficial prostaglandin E3. Gamma linolinic acid (GLA) induces production of the anti-inflammatory prostaglandin E1. What you eat can significantly affect whether you have more of the beneficial prostaglandins (E1 and E3) as opposed to the pro-inflammatory prostaglandin E2. Since prostanglandin E2 is a culprit in inflammation, reducing food that are high in omega-6 fatty acids and increasing omega-3 rich food, such as salmon and other fish can be beneficial. Limiting foods that convert to arachidonic acid can help reduce inflammation. (Arachidonic acid is a precursor to both prostanglandin E2 and the pro-inflammatory cytokine leukotriene B(4)). Another dietary factor that can lead to high levels of arachidonic acid is the over-consumption of high-glycemic index carbohydrates that cause excess production of insulin. Foods that contribute to chronic inflammation and hair loss are foods with the high-glycemic index (things that you digest quickly) like bottled fruit juices or rice cakes, food heavy in polyunsaturated fats or saturated fats, and foods high in arachidonic acid.

Some specific foods to avoid
* Margarine
* Organ meats
* Egg yolks
* Pasta
* Juices (canned or bottled), fresh squeezed OK
* White rice, white bread
* Refined sugar

Good foods
* Salmon
* Oatmeal
* Olives and Olive oil
* Almonds
* Fresh fruits and vegetables
* Avocado and Guacamole
* Flax oil or flax me

G

I´m 110% behind the theory that stopping inflammation is the key. At Lipoxidil they have some anti-inflammatory agents that stop TNF-A which is a key cytokine.

Also what red rose said about the diet is important.

Which Cu peptide is the most potent then?

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nesta no one really knows.

Folligen is meant to be something like 33 times stronger than Tricomin but then again Folligen is simply a smorgasbord of copper peptides whereas Tricomin's specific copper peptide has gone through partial FDA trials which showed effectiveness in stimulating hair growth.

I am still waiting for Lipoxidil to bring out a liposomal SOD which they have been promising to do for ages now.

Aloe vera also has SODS but don't know how potent they are.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
That Go* Da** inflammation!!! I didn't even know I had it all those years. INSIDIOUS!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry for the rant. I feel better now. :oops: