Andrei's Story - ( 21 / need advice!!!)

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi!My name is Andrei and I have 21 almost 22.I hove some problems with my hair.When I was at 18 I had the bad surprise to notice that my hair is shedding...but how?Just only at the right side of my front line...This shedding was for 2 weeks I think and I lost there over 200 or 300 hairs...After this period nothing important happened.My hair is rare...like my father he is 53 with head full of hair.My father side had no problem with hair but my mother side had some problems...her father and brother...so I'm a little bit worried.These days after I found this forum, I was thinking If can I do something regarding my hair ...to thicken my rare hair and to regain my hairline at the right side.Is this possible?I heard a lot about propecia and minoxidil but I don't know if I should really start with because after some seeing some results I would be obliged to to continue with this for the rest of my life creating in this way some kind of dependence and as outcome of this I'll lose my healthy hair. I cant's say that my hair is shedding now...nothing more than 5-10 maximum 15 per day...which I think is normal for regeneration process.So any advice? Thank you all!

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
If you posted pictures of your hair it would help understand if you're balding as you didnt seem very certain about it.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures...What do you think?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 03012009.jpg
    03012009.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 04012009(001).jpg
    04012009(001).jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 172

Bocgam

Reaction score
You might simply have a mature hairline. It's hard to tell without seeing the hairline itself, but you look to be in the NW2 range. The optimist would say your hair could remain like that for the rest of your life. The pessimist would say that you're just in the early (and perhaps rapidly proceeding) stages of balding.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes but my father has the same kind of hair I mean the same hairline the same density but he is 53.The only one exception is the fact that I'm blond and he is like dark hazel...

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
Its hard to tell if you're balding or if its your natural hairline, though I think a maturing hairline at 22 is very late so its likely to be balding :( But lets try to keep optimistic, check every week to see if your hair is thinning.
Also, do you have little hairs around your hairline and is your hair on top near the hairline not as thick as it used to be? In that case your definitely losing your hair. If thats the case, you might wanna try Finasteride as you have a very decent amount of hair and no one would tell that you're balding. Its better to catch it at very early stages. Good luck! :)

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply...at the right side I when I lost hair I don't have a strong hairs but at the left side I have.I can talk about a balding now because I told you I'm loosing daily no more than 10 hairs per day maximum 15.I think I have to go to a doctor and ask him if I can take that pills maybe I'll gain back the hairs lost 2 years ago:) Thanks anyway!