Annoying problem with the "time-stamp" on my posts!!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is it that the indicated time on any post I make is always exactly one hour ahead of the actual time? I have my Profile correctly set to Central Standard Time, and "Summer Time/DST is in effect" is set to "yes". So is THAT what's causing this bug?? Does the software of this forum not even know when Daylight Saving Time is in effect, forcing you to set that mode correctly yourself, every spring and fall?? :dunno:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Maybe you're in the Twilight Zone :woot:

After seeing some of the people who post here (cough), I've often suspected that.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Why does it matter? :dunno:

Every post I see is off by an hour. I guess I'm just SILLY for letting that bother me! :shock:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
I have my Profile correctly set to Central Standard Time, and "Summer Time/DST is in effect" is set to "yes". So is THAT what's causing this bug?? Does the software of this forum not even know when Daylight Saving Time is in effect, forcing you to set that mode correctly yourself, every spring and fall?? :dunno:

Okay, I just turned that "Summer Time/DST" option "off", and it's now displaying time correctly. Sheesh! That's obviously something you have to do yourself, rather than rely on the forum software to do it for you! :puke:

cuebald

Reaction score
How do you set it to GMT?

GeminiX

Reaction score
The server itself or the application (phpbb) may not have the correct time settings.
(I offered to provide my services but I was shunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnned :) )

GeminiX

Reaction score
But without time there would be chaos, missed buses, television shows, no need to buy a new Rolex etc.

Society would collapse or something...