Another 23 year old with a story

drew7754

Reaction score
I posted this in a Propecia sub board before realized it belongs here. So here we go:
Up until age 20 I had a full head of hair. Around mid-2011 I noticed my hair wasnt as full as it used to be but I just attributed it to weather/shampoo etc. I was still in college so I didnt worry about it too much.
Between 2012 and 2014 my hair started getting "poufy" in front. Again I didnt know why, but look back now I guess it was my hair thinning out in front. Top of head was still full. Now I'm 23 and it seems to be getting a lot worse lately.
Within the past 6 months I've noticed large amounts of hair coming out in the shower. I was put on Ketoconazole in June for seborrhetic dermatitis. My temples have receded pretty far, and the frontal hairline has receeded slightly.

Also, I have a BIG head and BIG forehead, which is one of the reason I'm scared of going bald... The big forehead tends to make some people think I'm beyond hope.

some background
-Dad started going bald in back of head around 28, slow bald spot growing. Currently 60 with most of crown gone but still a little bit in front
-Maternal Grandpa - Full head of hair
-Paternal grandpa - unknown, died in the 70s, no good pictures exist
-Mom's brother (my uncle) - starting going bald mid 20s. currently mid 50s with almost all hair gone.

It seems like I got the genetics of my uncle...or maybe it's just a coincidence. I was really hoping I wouldn't start having this problem until I was older.

My hair is moderately on top, but you can definitely see through the scalp. I can cheat and brush it different directions, but its still there.

Guess it's time to start on the big three

Images: (first image us 2011, second is 2014 comparison, rest are taken recently)

hair-2011.JPGhair-2014.jpgbrushed back.JPGhair-front.JPGhair-temple.JPGhair-top.jpg

Quickstrike

Established Member
Reaction score
That is some aggressive hair loss if that happened in 3 years.

No guessing involved here. Run to a doctor and get on finasteride/dutasteride.

With the way things are going, you aren't going to have any hair on top in 25 years, like your uncle.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, that's some pretty aggressive loss of late there. The big 3 should do you good though! Profiled for future updates, good luck man.