Another brother in the fight vs hairloss..

Drake350z

Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to say hello and share a little bit of my experience. I am 24 years old and about a Norwood 2.5 to 3 atm, and started losing when I was around 21.. Was noticing the hairline recession so I decided to do something about it. I tried for about two years on Tricomin, Prox-N and Revivogen. A little bit of spironolactone now and then but nothing consistant. I was still losing ground. Today I just started on my real regimen that I hope to get going.

Finasteride 1.25mg
Tricomin
Nizoral 1%

Im going to add the rogaine foam in a month or two I just dont want to start it now with the finasteride so I dont get a crazy rediculous shed immediately. I want to ease into it. :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
1mg of finasteride should be good, the additional dose won't give you too much benefit.

Drake350z

Reaction score
Ah yea the only reason I threw in the extra cause its in 5mg small pills and I was planning on cutting it into 4.. harder to get it smaller. Do you think the additional .25 will give alot harsher sides possibly?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
it all depends... Generally, the larger the dose, the more chances of getting sides.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
1.25mg per day should be fine. Many guys use Proscar tablets which are almost impossible to cut into 5 pieces, given the shape of the pill. I don't think the extra .25mg per day would make a huge impact. If you're gonna get sides from 1.25mg, you'll most likely still get them from 1mg.

Drake350z

Reaction score
Good deal, thanks for the input guys. Thats the reason I cant really get 1mg out of it. Way too difficult to cut.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Maxpwr said:
1.25mg per day should be fine. Many guys use Proscar tablets which are almost impossible to cut into 5 pieces, given the shape of the pill. I don't think the extra .25mg per day would make a huge impact. If you're gonna get sides from 1.25mg, you'll most likely still get them from 1mg.

0.25 will make a difference if your body is sensetive to the drug.

Many users experienced sides on 1mg of finasteride but have had no sides from 0.5mg.