Another hello!

Coolasfire

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just thought I would introduce myself and tell you my story. I'm 31 year old male and I've decided rather than sit here and worry to be pro active and take charge of my hair loss. Now I'm not very good at getting my point across properly so please forgive me if you find I just shoot in different directions but I'm hoping this site becomes a great source of information and support and hopefully I can make a contribution to it too. :)

So, my hair, basically I'm a bit mixed, on one hand I'm not really that fussed about losing it because I'm in a happy relationship and it's not going to kill me, but on the other hand I kind of like having it and styling it and so on. I've got mousey blonde hair which has always been a bit thin, I recall being 14 and holding up a mirror towards the back of my head whilst looking into another mirror to see the scalp and thinking "am I losing my hair?!", I couldn't honestly tell you if it was as bad as it is now and I don't have any pictures to compare it to. Basically the crown seems to have got thinner. I first noticed it when I was on holiday and burnt my scalp and since then I kind of get a bit obsessed looking and wondering. I've also noticed now my scalp itches a lot more, whether this is all in my head or not I don't know. I do tend to have a shower every single day and wonder if this has damaged my scalp.

In regards to the rest of my family my dad had hair like a wire brush all the up to 40 and now he's 59 it's thinned out but he still has hair, my younger brother (28)is diffuse balding quite noticeably and just keeps his hair cropped really short. He started at about 24 to lose his hair.

Anyway here are the pics. I don't know what I'm looking for really, can I save it?? My temples aren't too bad it's just the scalp I'm worried about. Like I say I worried when I was 14 so I'm not sure if it's different but it seems like it. I'm trying to work out what all the treatments do, I'm interested in attempting to thicken it up or physically help it if it does seem to be the case that I'm losing it. If I've made a mistake posting in here or anything I'm sorry, I'm new to this and haven't really read up much although rogaine seems popular?

Anyway, honest advice and opinions welcome!

Seanathan

Reaction score
You're not doing too bad. Some thinning at the middle of your hairline and at the vertex.

I can just tell you what worked for me: 2 x daily liquid 5% Minoxidyl, and Propecia 1 x a day. You will have to accept being a "lifer" on these if you want to keep your gains, although i found that the hair gains don't quickly shed after discontinuing use unless something really stressful happens in your life. with your apparent youth, health, and good relationship, your results will probably be pretty good