another shampoo option

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys im about to embark and buy some shampoo that has rosemary, lavender or peppermint in it to try and stimulate the follicles. im currently on 0.5mg propecia and looking at a secondary shampoo instead of the 'head and shoulders' i currently use. any suggestions for particular brands or certain things i should be avoiding in shampoo etc...

thanks

:)

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what shampoo you use. None of them have been shown to grow cosmetically significant hair. Use the one you like, IMO, but don't expect it to do a thing for your hair loss.

ram_in_md

Reaction score
I personally use the shampoo from MIN. They have a complete set of pre-cleanser, shampoo and conditioner. I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for a month and they are salon quality and have some great ingredients that are supposed to help fight hair loss. My scalp definitely feels great after I use them. One other shampoo that I ordered is the HairCycle shampoo. I am going to get it tomorrow. It has both licorice and peppermint which are good anti androgens and has been reviewed positively on this site. Some people also vouch for Alpecin shampoo although I have not used it personally.

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
sammo said:
hey guys im about to embark and buy some shampoo that has rosemary, lavender or peppermint in it to try and stimulate the follicles. im currently on 0.5mg propecia and looking at a secondary shampoo instead of the 'head and shoulders' i currently use. any suggestions for particular brands or certain things i should be avoiding in shampoo etc...

thanks

Rotating a herbal shampoo that contains essential oils and one that contains Piroctone Olamine makes perfect sense!

Regards
Pete

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Pete said:
sammo said:

thanks

Rotating a herbal shampoo that contains essential oils and one that contains Piroctone Olamine makes perfect sense!

Regards
Pete

Any good piroctone shampoo without SLS/PPG?

http://www.moogoo.com.au/category5_1.htm

This one sounds nice, anybody have experience with it?

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
kento said:
Pete said:
sammo said:

thanks

Regards
Pete

Any good piroctone shampoo without SLS/PPG?

http://www.moogoo.com.au/category5_1.htm

This one sounds nice, anybody have experience with it?

Optima shampoo

Regards
Pete

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Optima shampoo

Regards
Pete

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis, Aqua, Decyl Glucoside (from glucose), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (from coconut), Soy Sterol (GMO Free soyabean source), Capryloyl Glycine (from palm & sunflower seeds), Coco Glucoside (coconut oil & glucose), Glyceryl Oleate (natural glycerin & oleic acid), Aroma (natural essential oils & flowers), Allantoin (from sugar beet), Cysteine HCl (natural amino acid), Xanthan Gum (natural), Borago Officinalis (borage seed oil), Sodium Hydroxide (natural), Citric Acid

Seems great shampoo from the list but i don't see piroctone olamine

abcdefg

Reaction score
shampoo does not penetrate the scalp deep enough to do anything to dht. I dont see the point in spending lots of money on a shampoo when a cheap 5 dollar shampoo does exactly the same thing cleans your hair which is what shampoo is made for. How shampoos became linked to removing dht or stopping dht I have no idea, but if stopping dht is the goal i would say propecia is pretty good at that.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ram_in_md said:
I personally use the shampoo from MIN. They have a complete set of pre-cleanser, shampoo and conditioner. I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for a month and they are salon quality and have some great ingredients that are supposed to help fight hair loss. My scalp definitely feels great after I use them. One other shampoo that I ordered is the HairCycle shampoo. I am going to get it tomorrow. It has both licorice and peppermint which are good anti androgens and has been reviewed positively on this site. Some people also vouch for Alpecin shampoo although I have not used it personally.

I also those these. Try them.