another with this awful problem :(

christospaulos

Reaction score
hello everyone!!greetings from greece!!
ok. let's start
my problem began when i i was about 18 and i was in my first year of college.
When i washed up my hair i found a lot of them in my hands.I was so scared and went to the pharmacy to buy a natural shampoo for hairloss. From now and then 5 years later i lose sometimes a lot and sometimes few hair. From the begining of september 2013 i noticed a severe hairloss(about 50+ hair per day).I m really disapointed and depressed. I can even see my head sometimes. If the problem keeps on i ll go bald very very fast. What you recommend me to do as a good start???i didnt mentioned that im not exactly norwood 2 , something lesser. I lose hair from all over my haid. I never used anything like minoxidil or something like that because im not informed about the side effects.....i would apreciate everything you said to me !!!

thanks in advance :)

chrb

Reaction score
Hi there

OK when it comes to hair loss there are endless scammers out there just waiting to pray on those who are new to hair loss so I'll just save you a lot of time and stress and list the three things that have actually been clinically proven to be effective -

1. Finasteride - Otherwise known as Propecia. This is probably the most effective treatment for hair loss when used alongside Minoxidil. However there's a big catch to this. For some people it does have side effects such as impotence, weak erections, depression, lethargy etc. The exact percentage of people who suffer from these side effects is impossible to know since the side effects themselves and their severity vary greatly from person to person. Some people suffer no side effects at all, some suffer for years, even after discontinued use. Something you should be aware of is that when it comes to Propecia, people tend to get very emotional and overblown. You'll get people who type in all caps - NEVER TAKE THIS PRODUCT, IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE!!. On the otherside you'll get people telling you that Propecia is absolutely harmless and that any reported negative effects are just propaganda. The truth is when you take Propecia, you're rolling the dice. You're taking something that's proven to be very effective, but for some people the side effects can be devastating. It's a decision that only you can make.

2. Minoxidil - Rogaine is the biggest company that sells minoxidil and you can buy it as either as liquid or as a foam. It's effectiveness tends to vary quite a lot from person to person. For me it has at least stopped me losing anymore hair but I haven't noticed any significant regrowth yet but I am only 10 weeks in. It tends to be a lot more effective when used alongside Propecia.

3. Ketoconozole - This is a chemical that is found in a number of shampoos - the best known of which is Nizoral. Ketoconozole is really seen as being the least powerful of the 'Big 3' and many people simply see it as something to take in addition to Rogaine and Propecia. If you only used a ketoconozole shampoo then you're probably not going to be thrilled with the results you see. It's more of an adjunct treatment to use with more powerful treatments.

A couple of things to bear in mind -

Firstly these treatments work best when taken together. They all work in different ways and compliment each other very well so if you decide that you're happy to take Propecia then adding Rogaine and Nizoral is only going to help.

This is a very important thing to remember - Although these treatments are proven to be effective, they work best when you catch your hair loss early on. If you've thinned very badly then it might be an unrealistic expectation to hope to regrow a perfect head of hair. If you keep your expectations realistic i.e you may get some regrowth and stop any further loss, then you'll be a lot happier in the long run.

I hope this has been of some help :)

christospaulos

Reaction score
thank you very very much.....i m very grateful for you reply...you really help me to make a sense from all i read right here :)

Story

Reaction score
Excellent post from chrb. Couldn't have said it better myself. Good luck.

That said, if the OP would post some pictures that would help.