Anthony's Story. :(

Mat1045

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My name is Anthony. I am only 14 and i have been losing alot of hair! I dont know what to do. I have been using this stuff called Stanley Hair Regrowth. I think its like a cheap version of Rogaine.... it has not helped at all for the 6 months ive been using it....it i cant manage to regrow some of my hair i would at least like to stop it for now until i am at LEAST out of high school...
I was losing hair a bit when i was like 10. Then it kinda went away and has really started within the past year. Last summer i started going for accupuncture and it worked for the two months i was going to stop it form falling out...but then i had to stop going so it continued to fall out. I have asked my doctor but apparently its just herititary and there is nothing inpaticular thats wrong with me.

I was just wondering what are the most successful products to be taking??
I dont care if the products say you should be at least 18 to take them because the stuff im taking now says you should be 18 and my doctor said i can take it.
Also what Vitamins help with hair loss??
If anyony can give ANY tips on how to prolong my hair loss please do help
Any information would be greatly appreciated :)
Also, if its good to use two hair loss products at a time please let me know which ones i can do that with.

I know there is information in a bunch of different threads, but it is really confusing to have to look through all of them...

rsa12985

Reaction score
You may want to visit a dermatologist first. It may not even be male pattern baldness yet but some other factor. 14 is pretty young to start products such as finasteride or Rogaine because you haven't been diagnosed.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your only 14, you cant have male pattern baldness.

Your dick is not even fully developed yet. I dont think taking finasteride is a good ideal for you.

Mat1045

Reaction score
KK....well then pretend i didnt say im 14.....i just want to know products have the highest success rates and what vitamens help with your hair...

beaner

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:

Your dick is not even fully developed yet. I dont think taking finasteride is a good ideal for you.

The onset of male pattern baldness can begin at puberty. He certainly can have it. My little bro started losing at 13 and I noticed mine at 16 which leads me to believe it started earlier than that.

Mat1045

Reaction score
ya an my brother started losing when he was 14 so ir probably is male pattern baldness.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:

Puberty can start as soon as 10 or so. The fact that he's 14 and suffering male pattern baldness isn't suprising. Sad, but not suprising.

As for the original poster, there's nothing you can really do at your age unless you want to mess up your DHT lvls. You can try Rogaine and some supplements other than saw palmetto. I guess MSM and Biotin would be good for hair. Some say L-Lysine, too.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
damn I guess I really shouldnt have been biatching about my hair loss.

My hair was perfect til I was 26. At least I had all those years with great hair.

Mat1045

Reaction score
Thanks for some of the tips guys...
Ya it really sucks...
Its not that the hair loss itself bothers me...its just the timing it has come at.
Like im only 14 and im only in grade 9 at school....if this started happening after im out of high school i would kind of be okay with it....its just that im still around all these kids where looks are everything...and you cant notice that i have thin hair yet...byt if it continues to fall out at the rate it is im sure you will be able to notice by februsary or so...
i just dont know what to do...

Apparantly i have seen a dermatologist before and they said it was just male pattern baldness cuz there was nothing else to explain it...

I just dont know what to do....
I tried a few things....ive started taking vitamins but am just unsure of what to take...
And my mom has seen a few hair loss things out there...like BioFen....or Propecia.....but you cant really tell which ones have teh highest success rates until you try....so i really and just confused...

And the one thing that bothers me is my receiting hairline...and the hair on the sides of my head(next to my eyebrows is slowing going back and that is really bothering me...

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Bear in mind a lot of people can develop a more 'mature' hairline during puberty. i know this is somewhat anecdotal evidence but a LOT of people I know have slightly receded sides, ie. not a perfect Norwood 1, but it hasn't developed further, it's just that they don't have exactly the same hairline as they did when a kid.

Not to belittle your situation, if it really is male pattern baldness then at least you've caught it early! Maybe this lad has just gone through puberty much more quickly than average?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
easynow said:
Bear in mind a lot of people can develop a more 'mature' hairline during puberty. i know this is somewhat anecdotal evidence but a LOT of people I know have slightly receded sides, ie. not a perfect Norwood 1, but it hasn't developed further, it's just that they don't have exactly the same hairline as they did when a kid.

Not to belittle your situation, if it really is male pattern baldness then at least you've caught it early! Maybe this lad has just gone through puberty much more quickly than average?[/quote

I never had a perfect NW1 in my life. ]