antibiotics

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 10 days away from finishing my 5th month on finasteride and have not seen any benifit yet. I still lose over 150 in the shower a day, just like the way it was b4 treatment. And the worst thing is hat my acne is just horrible and I need to take some meds I think. I cant control it, ive been trying for 6 months. I was wondering if taking antibiotics, Erythromycin specificlly, for my acne affect Propecia effectivness at all? Does anyone else take any antibiotics for acne and is on finasteride? I shoulda started taking antibiotics a while ago but i didnt want to for that reason, but now i dont have a choice. Ive noticed how some people also say that when they took antibiotics for there acne, it stopped there hairloss, which is kinda weird, but after they stopped the antibiotics they shed like crazy.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
Retin-A is brilliant for clearing up acne but can be a bit irratating. Make sure you use only a very thin layer of it on all affected areas. It usually takes 3-4 months to attain optimum results.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sorry to sound like a tape recorder here but i recomend you go see a doctor and a dermatologist! they are the experts in this field

P.S sorry to sound like a tape recorder ;P

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no interaction between erythromycin and propecia.

Bacterial infections of the scalp such as folliculitis and pyoderma can cause hair loss. These can be treated with antibiotics. This is almost always temporary, unless it leaves scars.