Antioxidants

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone loves antioxidants (pomegranate juice, vitamin E, etc) but are they really as good as they say?

A couple of questions for all you nutrition experts:

a) Well, are they any good? What are their benefits?

b) What is the most powerful antioxidant found in nature?

c) Can they delay the effects of aging?

d) Do they really increase nitric oxide levels and improve erections?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metropolis said:
Everyone loves antioxidants (pomegranate juice, vitamin E, etc) but are they really as good as they say?

A couple of questions for all you nutrition experts:

a) Well, are they any good? What are their benefits?

b) What is the most powerful antioxidant found in nature?

c) Can they delay the effects of aging?

d) Do they really increase nitric oxide levels and improve erections?
antioxidents cover a wide area of critera, they are simply chemicals that get rid of free radicals

a)they stop cell damage, it's more of a preventative, there are many alleged preventatives but lacking in antioxcidnes won't really cause too much harm apart from effects of vitamin deficiencies (vitamins like C are antioxidants)

b) vitamin C is a strong antioxidant, some say the strongest, having too much in terms of antioxidants is also bad for the body

c)a healthy diet can but antioxidants is 1 in a criteria of many things that is needed for a healthy diet but it won't make you 10 years younger, good skincare is usually the best solution

d)no, Dr proctor alleged that SOD (an antioxidant found naturally in the body) can increase NO by decreasing the super oxide free radical but i haven't come across any evidence there is a significant amount of super oxide in the body to impede the NO naturally produced so i don't' think it would dilate blood vessels...significantly
as far as erections go, i would say no, because drugs like v**** don't only work by dilating the blood vessels, if anything if you only dilated the blood vessels your blood pressure would drop so it would cause pretty crap and limp erections if any erection, you don't se people blood dilators walking with boners all the time

really antioxidants were merely a gimmick i wouldn't go out of my way to get my supply
just eat a healthy diet

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score

ali777

Reaction score
According to a study published not long ago, supplementing the body with antioxidants to fight the effects of the oxidants might weaken body's natural defenses.

I suggest you stick to a balanced diet. Get your 5-a-day, and the mother nature will take care of the rest.

PS: So you are Flavio???